Bahahahaha @Jujo rides a unicycle

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a weird name to call your mom, must be a tamale thing

3 Likes

She only has one leg and sheā€™s very round

4 Likes

Iā€™m interested in these @pixelsilva

1 Like

Aww. We do yo momma jokes now. Even if thatā€™s the case. You still ride a unicycle N R VERY PROUD OF IT

2 Likes

It must be nice to have that bigā€™l thing between your legs

2 Likes

Anyone know the price on the gear drives that @IDEA makes ?? @pixelsilva

2 Likes

He recently quoted me $310 plus shipping for x2 GD for SR TKPs. They are 2:1 ratio though which is why he recommends the 140 kv 6368 Flipskyā€™s to run them.

COVID has brought out the worst in belts. With no street sweeping happening, Iā€™m tanking pebbles from belts daily and thatā€™s massively shortening their service life.

Gear drives definitely have the advantage. And when we compare some quality belt setups ($100 mounts, $75 pulleys, motor pulley, belts) the price of $300 gear drives is much closer to many belt setups that many consider. Myself included.

Gear drives still arenā€™t there yet. All of them work and very well. But when we can transition to steel gears then they can get smaller in diameter and in thickness. Pom are perfectly fine, but the large pitch and the width leaves a lot of potential clearance on the table

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the best way to contact him @bwahl602? Is he outside the USA

Please let me know

1 Like

So like the hardened steel ones moestooge (and now me) use?

1 Like

Yea, and heā€™s inundated with messages sometimes. Try him again in a few days

Most of the gears as I understand are made to order with gear drives.

1 Like

Yea absolutely thinking of what you and moe run. Just isnā€™t something thats commercially available.

You guys tend to run slightly different approaches than most if I remember correctly. With higher KV motors and larger gear ratios than most street boards. So your wheel pulleys are larger if I recall.

A steel gear could take overall gear drive case width from 20-25mm to 10-15mm. Steel could also allow smaller mod or pitch which will mean the overall diameter of each gear gets smaller. Thatā€™s why a 47T boosted board pulley looks like a 32T 5M. A 15/40 gear drive in steel could be way thinner and have more ground clearance from smaller diameter gears.

Really wanna buy some of these 40T mod 1 RC steel gears and make something work

1 Like

Mine actually isnā€™t a high kv or wheel gear, Moe is though since he runs 800kv. I run 170kv and 58/24. If you do something with gears choose Mod1.5, that seems to be what Moe has switched to for the strength.

2 Likes

I need myself a pair

1 Like

heck yeah, sweet setup. napkin math from a drunk bystander comes up with nearly 1k of sick esk8 gear ( get it? gear?)

3 Likes

This thread deserves an award for most informative wtb thread ever.

4 Likes

Oh god, I was thinking maybe $500 or so for the whole lot. Iā€™m not trying to drive people away.

Get it? drive :rofl:

4 Likes

I have this whole. setup.

That have moved to my third build and I Iā€™m still on my first. So, I could let it go if u donā€™t find better.

ThTs a stealā€¦ sheeeeeehhhaaaa.

2 Likes