FatBoy mini gear drive wanted

Aw it’s made for tires ! Can’t use it

3 Likes

it’s pricey… I can’t recall the exact price… but I’d venture it’s the most expensive gear dive presently on the market…

timo has a great gear-drive… but I “think” it only fits on Kahua trucks… but It’s like a two-for one sale kaly vs. haggy boards…

1 Like

why is it you wanna go gear drive so bad?

Thus is why
Motor mounts just don’t work (well I haven’t had good luck with them lol) plus if I switched to surf rodz I would have a clue to know where to get mounts for them

2 Likes

oh yeah saw that thread

that is really weird

i think though properly setup and mantained they can work reallly

The fuck dude, even quolity belts can snap during a single ride, gears are way way more robust.

4 Likes

I "think the min. wheel dia from the top of my head, on a Kaly-drive is about 120mm…

sorry…

I’d ask @Halbj613 he seems to be an expert

4 Likes

I’d keep the boardnamics trucks but finding a mount to fit them is like finding a needle in a haystack

1 Like

Anything caliber fits them. Theyre actually smaller than a cast caliber 2.

If you’re willing to wait for my gear drives then…

2 Likes

Tried tb mounts but it’s loose even with the set screw basically drilling into the hanger lol which is the only thing holding it

I tried to message ya Kevin but got no reply bro…

1 Like

Wrong.
Torque transfer significantly better. Same goes for braking. Sealed system so no stones in belts, looks and efficiency. GD roll with less resistance than velds. Overall size, maximizes motor positioning closest to hanger.

Whether or not a gear drive is worth it is up to the owner. There are advantages and disadvantages to both setups.

8 Likes

He said it, mic drop

2 Likes

Well. I’ve been on belts for a while and now transitioning to gear drives just because I’m tired of pebbles and stuff getting lodge in my belts and pulleys.

Also the biggest factor is what @bwahl602 is saying. Gear drives have less rolling resistance and are more efficient than belts.

2 Likes

Oh i have the nano gear drives but they were made with the 3DS RKP hangar that I also have so I suggest you buying the set so if you’re interested…

What are you on about? I offer counter points but that doesn’t make me against gears. My next board will be a 5gd

4 Likes

sorry from what i read it sounded like you were against

1 Like

You’re such a twat in training blud. Bless you x

6 Likes

@kook teaches me well

2 Likes

I don’t understand.
weren’t you just spamming the heck out of @moon s thread begging for his drives? Now you’re quoting that guy @Brenternet that belts are better.
the same guy that had so many problems with his own belts? haha WTF? :joy:

8 Likes