FatBoy mini gear drive wanted

Yea, and he’s inundated with messages sometimes. Try him again in a few days

Most of the gears as I understand are made to order with gear drives.

1 Like

Yea absolutely thinking of what you and moe run. Just isn’t something thats commercially available.

You guys tend to run slightly different approaches than most if I remember correctly. With higher KV motors and larger gear ratios than most street boards. So your wheel pulleys are larger if I recall.

A steel gear could take overall gear drive case width from 20-25mm to 10-15mm. Steel could also allow smaller mod or pitch which will mean the overall diameter of each gear gets smaller. That’s why a 47T boosted board pulley looks like a 32T 5M. A 15/40 gear drive in steel could be way thinner and have more ground clearance from smaller diameter gears.

Really wanna buy some of these 40T mod 1 RC steel gears and make something work

1 Like

Mine actually isn’t a high kv or wheel gear, Moe is though since he runs 800kv. I run 170kv and 58/24. If you do something with gears choose Mod1.5, that seems to be what Moe has switched to for the strength.

2 Likes

I need myself a pair

1 Like

heck yeah, sweet setup. napkin math from a drunk bystander comes up with nearly 1k of sick esk8 gear ( get it? gear?)

3 Likes

This thread deserves an award for most informative wtb thread ever.

4 Likes

Oh god, I was thinking maybe $500 or so for the whole lot. I’m not trying to drive people away.

Get it? drive :rofl:

4 Likes

I have this whole. setup.

That have moved to my third build and I I’m still on my first. So, I could let it go if u don’t find better.

ThTs a steal… sheeeeeehhhaaaa.

2 Likes

I’d take it if you had kegel adaptors lol

:eyes:

2 Likes

hahahah, I love it, wheeling and dealing :joy:

2 Likes

Gotta have good customer servisas :sunglasses:

2 Likes

if you give people a good deal, it will definitely come back around

1 Like

What @bwahl602 said :point_up_2:. He told me was going to focus in fixing his home the last 3 weeks. Perhaps is now available. Send him a PM.

You’re practically teasing me to give away info on my gear drive.

But, the reason ground clearance is bad is because the center distance between two gears is the sum of their radii. The center distance has to be as big as the radii of the hanger + motor, which is quite large.

The wheel gear therefore needs to be big enough to have a big enough center distance so the motor doesn’t hit the hanger, while maintaining a decent ratio.

4 Likes

Give it away :smile:

Yup agreed, and that’s where I think a smaller drive can use idlers to make that up. But you’re right, a 15/40 setup might be too small of a diameter in the smaller mods. A smaller diameter gear gives more ground clearance, but you’re adding more parts and costs to maintain the same center to center minimum distance to clear the motor and hanger.

POM works perfectly well. But Maximizing the design could mean a departure from POM

PS @Boardnamics, Ive got some TKPs needing a drivetrain still

1 Like

There is nothing wrong with POM or any nylon material for our gears. Steel is more durable but there are many benefits that plastic gears have. Less noise, more compliance, and less sensitive to lubrication. Lighter too, not that it makes a big difference.

Im doing the testing :smiley:

4 Likes

you still got all this stuff for sale or… looking for some gear drives