Fast Board Prototype

Please be careful friend.

12 Likes

Looking good. If you haven’t had the Esk8 carpet ripped out from under, I would seriously consider leathering up. It is not if but when. We gotta get you to SoCal at some point. Streets of Lancaster Race would be appropriate.

17 Likes

When you tuck your leg so much that it becomes your other leg :face_with_monocle:

It can’t be unseen.

12 Likes

I don’t see it
squinting harder

3 Likes

You can’t picture his front leg being his right leg? Try smoking a bit first.

6 Likes

I see many wobbles, not just the obvious one at the end. He’s obviously good at balancing, i’d give him that…

zero degrees (if even possible)

1 Like

At high speeds small turns start to look like wobbles I think.

2 Likes

Contrary to popular belief, a 0 degree rear truck does not help with stability, in fact it makes it unstable.
The rear truck should be able to turn a bit, it can’t be dead.

Wowgo used a DKP in front and a 0 deg rear truck for their prototype board, some people who tried them said it gets unstable at higher speeds.

5 Likes

DKP! They’re all unstable at high speeds - that’s the issue right there… maybe they should try the same with standard RKPs. Btw i just had a speedrun with my FWD at full pelt - reached 39km/h on that tiny contraption… no speed wobbles even with crappy 50deg (flipped hanger) trucks at the rear. When the throttle cuts abruptly (that’s when i get wobbly on my normal RWDs) - total stability - it’s crazy good. I can imagine a lower angle or zero even and what that would do. I believe it has much to do with putting all the weight in front of the deck.

I do agree that some suspension at zero degree angle is required to stabilize the deck over bumps, just like the rear wheels of a car - they go up and down instead of turning left or right. They’d be considered zero degree as well. Maybe that was what was missing in this wowgo prototype, in addition to the always sketchy DKP at higher speeds

6 Likes

He’s in a different speed league, guys. Let’s keep that in mind as we’re offering him suggestions on how to improve his boards.

19 Likes

Yes sir!

5 Likes

Me and my Exway are already in the hedge.

11 Likes

Sexway

5 Likes

I don’t care I’ll race him, and I’ll race you too, and fuck I wanna race you both :bear:

10 Likes

It would be fair to mark this as your own opinion. Many riders feel very different about DKPs.

2 Likes

Apologies, I was referring to DKP at high speeds. Downhill riders do not use DKPs.

1 Like

Everybody who has gone 50mph on DKP trucks powered “sound off”

Crickets

13 Likes

Yeah, that might be a different story. I find them up to 30mph stable, but never had the chance to try them out at higher speeds, but I will.

1 Like

It’s on! Race Raine first, and then at your funeral, I’ll race your relatives to the ritz cracker appetizers.

9 Likes

@FastBoard I love your videos, it’s straight up DH on flat roads; with a bit less slidey slide.

13 Likes