Exway riot pulleys

Nope! The pulley itself isn’t contacting the hanger at all - the fit relies on the shape of the pulley being pressed into the core of the wheel. The press fit is just shy of perfect though so I had to use some adhesive to up the strength.

How does the belt not pull it into the hanger? Have any pics of it?

All push fit pulleys have a bearing that supports them. The ones without bearings bolt to the wheels. Just the friction of being shoved in the wheel sounds very stretchy

does Dicky not sell the bolt ones anymore? I don’t see the bolt on kegel pulleys only the press fit

He sells bolt on abec and the press fit Kegel I think.

Yes, as Sofu mentioned above, I had assumed normal Kegel core wheels would work with these, but they don’t. Had planned to put my Popoca on the Riot pulleys but no go.

Did not realise this. Thanks for that.

Why bother literally reinventing the wheel if they’re not even limiting their pulleys to only their wheels?
Curious…

1 Like

Yeah I would probably use the bearing lol it was designed with a bearing for a reason. Why does it hit the hanger?

1 Like

It is, but maybe they got so many requests for standard Kegel and Abec that they addressed it. I will probably grab the standard Kegel pulleys and those grey 90mm wheels offered by neo at some point.

1 Like

It’s designed with a bearing for trucks that the bearing fits onto - standard caliber 2’s are square(ish) so it would be literally trying to put a square peg in a round hole…

Here’s the exway trucks for comparison (sorry for shitty screengrab):
2019-12-02%2002_41_07-RIOT%20pack%20%E2%80%93%20Exway%20Canada
Notice the stepped region next to the axle, designed to house the bearings…

EDIT: it hits the hanger for the same reason - designed for a different truck and thus isn’t a perfect fit outta the box.

1 Like

Ah I see that makes sense.

1 Like

It hasn’t impacted performance at all so I’m not too worried about it - I snapped a belt with these pulleys on and they didn’t even budge :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

cheap good fast

pick any two

If you want cheap and good, check this out:

If you want cheap and fast, I don’t recommend cheap and fast because it’s not good

1 Like

I’d say the exway pulleys are somewhat of an exception to that paradigm - my experience with them has been great, and they shipped reasonably quick and cheapish. I’m also getting mine from exway Canada which is actually a different company apparently so who knows…

His press fit kegels are easily modified to bolt-ons. Just don’t use the provided studs and thread the pulley for 10-32.
I have two of them modded on calibers

1 Like