Extra long brackets for top mounted motors?

Saw this picture of @Dareno’s board:

and had a “great” idea!

If the motor mounts were longer, it looks like you can rotate them to the motors are on TOP of the deck!

(Red = motor. Black = long mount)

Pros:

• no more clearance issues at the back. 0% chance of hitting curbs/rocks/etc. Able to create very low builds without worry
  • no more needing risers to fit the motors underneath. (And still might be clearance issues there)
  • you can use a board with a kick tail and not have to worry about motors/bashguards (ahem evolve bantam)

Cons:

• less room on your board to step on (But no one really uses that back space on the evo and similar decks?)
  • Make sure the mounts are long enough so motors wont hit the deck when you turn.
  • belts need to be extra long as well

Out of 10, how drunk am I? :rofl:

4 Likes

Footstop maybe?

2 Likes

You can rotate those even higher, not sure on the actual angle though as I haven’t done it.

2 Likes

Outward mounting is the other plan. Mount motors on standoffs, behind wheels. Dual 6374 possible on caliber 2. Like this.

5 Likes

I’ve got @Janux-esk8 extended mounts that im currently in love with that might be able to work if I remove my risers

Motor bite?

1 Like

Reverse mount?

13 Likes

That is one crazy idea, just be careful with these brass stands, they are not strong

5 Likes

Cheers. Not my build. Just an image I saved. I’m planning 12.9 bolts and aluminium spacers on mine. Current plan is for esc and receiver mounted (somehow) between motor brackets and truck hanger on hammock baseplate for quick swap option between different decks.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Haha. Yup

Finally something different.

2 Likes

Where did you find that?

Saw it on builders forum a long time ago

2 Likes

I saw someone who did this on the forum with dickyho mounts. Can’t find the thread but I have pictures in my camera roll of it

6 Likes

@rosco

…or even better, connect both mounts with crossbars for added strenght

Yup, that’s the plan. Crossbar mounting plate for vesc

1 Like

No way! Guess I’m not the first :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You now owe me 30 bucks license fee for using my picture.

:sunglasses:

5 Likes

This is quite possibly the craziest idea I have seen so far.

That tiny gap between the motor and the wheel is just begging for a rock to fuck up your life.

Be careful out there boys.

8 Likes