Extra long brackets for top mounted motors?

Bolts and spacers arrived.
Mock up. Prob 20mm gap between motor can and wheel.

8 Likes

not gonna lie. that looks fucking ridiculous and i LOVE it.

4 Likes

Will you be flipping the motors around for ease of wire management? Or are you just going to bend the wires over for the ESC

Or you know, just make the can in contact with the wheel for “direct” drive, no belts

2 Likes

Not sure. Idea is brackets / spacer rods between motor plates. And electronics mounted on that. Lipo battery top mounted somehow above g bomb / board connection.

No enclosure under board. It’s low and I don’t want to make it higher.

Back truck is on hammock baseplate should be able to swap motor esc etc onto another deck w two bolts.

1 Like

Just make the can a giant gear lol

1 Like

why are the standoffs so long for the motors?
It seems the motor pulley would almost be “falling off” the axle

Ya I think if he moved the motor mounts about 15mm closer to the center of the truck it would be better

Also where did you get the brackets the connects the board to the trucks? I would like to get some.

G bomb brackets. Waiting on pulley and belts to confirm spacing. Starting at 12mm belt width on these @moon Mach 1 pulleys from the first batch. Will have width to increase width later if needed. The motors have a 30mm shaft so plenty of width for bigger belts.

2 Likes

I bought some extra 15mm pulleys this time if you really want the upgrade from 12 to 15mm

@deckoz
@rosco

1 Like

Cheers mate. Will keep it in mind. See how I get on with this first. :+1:

2 Likes

Sooo how did it work out? I wanna see this monster rolling

1 Like

The Miles board rampage has excessively high angle motor mounts. Like a pissed off hornet. Where you gonna put your battery? (People roll their eyes at top mount lunch boxes :man_shrugging:)

Haha cheers.
Progress stalled due to other projects impact on time and money

Bailing on the G Bombs tho. Too flexy for me. Still gonna give this motor layout a crack tho, at some stage, on a different deck.

2 Likes