Evolvenstein with Flipsky 15.2" DPK trucks

flipsky
Refunding

Wat

2 Likes

The mould is closed, but I’ll see if I can source sets

3 Likes

That would be awesome!

On a side note, I’ve been banned from the Flipsky FB group for asking why my original post about the f*ck up was deleted and why had they edited their posts related to this issue, as though there had never been a problem.

I guess the Chinese know how to censor stuff instinctively.

5 Likes

You must have some cool hook-ups in China to know that and get half the stuff you store has at such good prices :facepunch:

2 Likes

Managed to finally get hold of these trucks and fitted them on my Evolvenstein Carbon Gen1!

Had to machine the truck to fit the pulley and Trampa hubs and drill holes in the hangars to change the motor angle. I’ve also replaced every screw and bushings because they were…sh#t.

6 Likes

I have a set of these in a box. Was sad my ideaTB mounts couldn’t work and didn’t want to order mounts from flipsky.

1 Like

Get them on then! Well worth it.

Went full gear drives instead with fatboy 260 hangers

2 Likes

Very noice Gov’ner!

i have them as well but it doesn’t fit my evolve hubs/pulleys. I assume you took some of the “silver” part off to expose more axle length?

1 Like

Can you post a pic? I think that pic has bolt on pulleys so nothing on the truck at all.

1 Like

With evolve hubs and my ideaTB mounts pulleys were too far apart.

Fitment looks better with bolt on pulleys. I do t have any evolve mounts to test but I just slapped my superstars with 62t on it and it looks better to me.

2 Likes

I took all of it. After that, it’s a straightforward fit (bearings used are 10x28x7 if memory does not fail me)

1 Like

do you have any pictures? taking all of it seems excessive it seems.

Was able to use a Dremel and removed the silver part. Evolve 6” kit with 6384.

3 Likes

Nice build I have a few evolve GTs in the shed, crying out for a rebuild. Given me some ideas.

how’s the 15.2" compare to the 12" DKP? wanted to get your feedback on these. thanks!

Not as nicely buit, but very robust it seems, they come with very soft bushings. Imho the evolve trucks are better. They seem a little more refined.

However the extra width in between the axles is very nice for long motors ofcourse.

I bought a steering damper to help with the wobbles in the back a bit more.

Get other bushings on and you’ll notice a marked improvement on your ride, especially at higher speeds.

Much more stable and still very carvy, well recommended!

Not sure why you say it’s not as nicely built? Yes, I had to take the “silver” metal bit and replace bushings, but the trucks themselves seem ok…

Certainly the easiest way to fit DKP trucks with dual motors setup and larger than 6.5" tires on my deck without having wheel bite.

1 Like