Evolve GTR-SE | Evolve BGT deck & enclosure | dual APS 6384S 170KV | custom trucks | custom motor mounts | Zill Boards custom 12S3P graphene-oxide lipo | dual FOCbox | custom urethane spacer | 16/36 & 16/44 gear ratio

Here is a short picture-based summary of my second build, which took more than 2 years in total from the first idea to be somewhat finished …

Board specs:

53 Likes

Good to see somebody else using the evolve enclosure for their DIY. IM NOT THE ONLY ONE! :joy:

Dammmn, gorgeous!!
Can you tell us more about your Diy CNCed trucks, they looks so good! Those mount too!

4 Likes

Thanks! :relaxed:
I’ve got a build log of the trucks on the other forum:

Just some machined RKPs with adjustable baseplate.

5 Likes

Looks fantastic

2 Likes

Great innovation. Awesome build

2 Likes

Wow, remember those pics now !
Gorgeous setup !!

what is that ?!? (1st I tought about a wireless charge >.<’ )

So, tell us, how it rides ??! :smiley:

5 Likes

Those are PCBs I etched for the balance wires of the 3 12s1p lipos. It was a quick thing I put together, avoiding a cable mess.

Rides insane! Last ride, I was hitting the VESC cutoff voltage without noticing that the board was lacking any power. It was a sudden and totally unexpected experience :grinning:

7 Likes

Does each parallel pack have it’s own bms?

Answer: no

Edit: I’m stupid…

2 Likes

No, all of them are connected parallel to the Bestech 140D
Edit: no worries :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s what I realized after I posted… :joy:

Would be crazy fast balancing though

1 Like

True, but I can hit them with an 8a charger if needed. Do lots of commuting and hence can charge during work hours.

3 Likes

This is really neat

2 Likes

One of the years best builds :trophy:. Kudos @Schulerbible

@Schulerbible

Wish most in the forum notice this one. Just the trucks alone (+ mounts) are worth an entire tread (well they had one :ok_hand:)… :point_down:

Battery wiring is insane!

@Schulerbible

C’monnnn forummmm, this gotta be one of the ‘Build of the Year’ main contestants!!

15 Likes

Nice work, how do the trucks ride?

1 Like

Those CNC trucks are one of a kind. If I can recall @Schulerbible mentioned their cost was around $500 to $700. Look a the quality. Insane!

(It will be awesome if someone organize a group buy for those)

1 Like

I only care about the ride :wink:

3 Likes

Beautiful work! I saw the trucks before on the old forum. Nicely done.

2 Likes

Thanks! I can’t say much since I’ve only test rode it around the campus. Trucks feel stable, however, still carvy due to the split angle and different bushings on front and back truck. I need to get used to the power before I can hit full throttle. So far, all the testing was done on the Gummies. Can’t wait to test the Boas :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Those trucks and mounts look sick. Kinda reminds me of Terminator

1 Like