Evolve GTR-SE | Evolve BGT deck & enclosure | dual APS 6384S 170KV | custom trucks | custom motor mounts | Zill Boards custom 12S3P graphene-oxide lipo | dual FOCbox | custom urethane spacer | 16/36 & 16/44 gear ratio

oh, didn’t know you can do that with lipos. (Now that I think of it, why cant you? XD

1 Like

Absolutely, heaps easier to handle than using an external balance charger + power supply.

3 Likes

Beautiful build.

1 Like

Beautiful design. I was wondering what is the point of the turned edges of the hangar? Is it for mounting bearing for wheel pulley?

EDIT: I just checked the CAD and it has a dia of 18.3mm, which doesn’t seem to match any standard bearing size.

3 Likes

Thanks! I made the ends round for (a) that the hanger fits into the wheel pulley and (b) for the looks. My pulleys don’t have support bearings since the Ronin axles weren’t long enuff.

1 Like

18.3mm diameter bearings?

Initially I thought they were for bearings. But then I found the round ends are 18.3mm dia which of course meant that they were not for bearings. I was just curious as to why the round ends.

1 Like

What are the two round holes(one small one big) in the recessed pocket for?

1 Like

Beautiful build!!

2 Likes

I wanted to have some holes to attach things to the base. No other function …

1 Like

Holt shit dude how did this slip by me? What a beautiful build and a firm contender for BOTY

True DIY and not just assembly line skills.

Take a bow brother.

6 Likes

@Schulerbible id be screenshotting this and framing it

2 Likes

Cheers!

2 Likes

Ok, decided to bin the Board Bumpers Trampa bearing adapters and made my own. The Bumper adapters never really fit plus I couldn’t stand the wobbly wheels.

9 Likes

I want your toys… some of your skills would come in handy too :rofl:

1 Like

Well, all manual though. What we really want is @Tony_Stark’s Tormach :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been warned that if I visit it, there will need to be a fence installed around it first… very much looking forward to seeing that beast in action.

3 Likes

Another small but helpful upgrade for the battery. No exposed balance wires between the individual packs anymore.

7 Likes

Since it was my first esk8, I still have a soft spot for a BGT, minus the battery sag and remote buffering. Your build kicks ass mate, very nice!

2 Likes

1 Like