Evolve Carbon GT Battery Mods with 50+ Cells

I want to see pics. I keep hearing about people doing it and i want to see pics of how people get 50 or more cells into an evolve carbon GT. I’ve heard about people putting risers on the heatsinks to lower it out of the way, but that’s only going to add so much room. Somebody mentioned that “a friend” got 70 cells in there in an email i received today. I demand to know how people are doing this without it looking like a MacGyver escape plan.

14 Likes

6 Likes

Quick google and kevin appeared on you tube with a 10s5p upgrade. 70 cells ain’t going in there without some top box action.

1 Like

I call bullshit on most of what i hear with regard to this. Without dropping the heat sink with a riser, you can’t even get 50 cells in there.

I seen a few people on the forum do this and always heard 10s5p would fit. @hyperion1 I think has done this perhaps. I remember somebody drilled new holes for the heatsink and moved the evolve esc back a bit.

3 Likes

Yes, everyone calls the CarbonGT “Gen 2” when it’s actually Gen3

The photos above are the Gen2 deck, which people call Gen1 LoLz

The Gen 2 easily holds 60 cells and 70 fit in there if you try.

The Gen3 CarbonGT, not so much

5 Likes

Now things are starting to piece together. So the ones everyone is riding these days and sending in to get modded are actually the gen3.

4 Likes

https://pelicanbayinnovations.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fdiy-carbon-gt-50-cell-battery-upgrade

4 Likes

@longhairedboy is it now possible to do a Gen3 (Carbon GT) deck with 50 cells using two of the new MakerX Mini FOC? Should be plenty of room for a BMS in there with these tiny ESCs.

Of course you’d have to shitcan the Evolve ESC but that’s not a huge loss. Might cost more…

3 Likes

you can always go the camel hump style like @Arzamenable

1 Like

In have a 10S5P in my carbon GT with a unity. I used a heatsink spacer to provide some breathing room, but it’s definitely doable.

1 Like

Pictures pls?

1 Like

Yea sure. Mod’d this past winter.

8 Likes

The heatsink spacer - is that 3D Printed or can you buy it from someone?

probably, you’d still need to drop the ESCs with a riser on the heatsink, but with the tiny bmses it could be possible.

edit: clearly it is lol

2 Likes

Thats a nice job he did there. 70 cells tho…
@Jaydawg56 nice work bro.

2 Likes

It’s 3D printed, but at the time of purchase I didn’t have my printer. The dude cells them pretty cheap on eBay.

3 Likes

I’ve done it before, you need to drill holes on the heatsink to move the esc forward more on the stock

1 Like

Yea I’ve seen that done. It’s a really tight fit! More so than I was comfortable with so the spacer worked well. Then I went full DIY so wasn’t sure about how much room I would need for the new esc

1 Like