Evolve Bamboo GTR Upgrade

Hey guys! I have accepted the fact that my Evolve Bamboo GTR is just not going to sell after having several people “win” a bid and then didn’t pay resulting in a relisting. So! I want to throw the idea on the table of just upgrading this board with a few parts. I am supposed to have dual flipsky 6374 battle-hardened motors coming from @Taraskasyanyuk but my messages are not being answered regarding the current whereabouts of the motors. Anyways…I was thinking of keeping the current battery from the evolve and switching out to a focbox and just replace the motors. I will need to get new mounting brackets for the motors but that’s not a big deal. The issue that I’m seeing is that the evolve battery pack would be somewhat of a low discharge for these two motors. With their battery pack being a 10s4p Samsung 35E cells that have an 8Ah continuous discharge; putting the pack at a 32Amp constant discharge. I would only really be able to pull 15-16amps to each motor. But this had me thinking, then what amps are their stock motors pulling? So if anyone can help me wrap my head around what exactly i could do here that’d be amazing! Seems like no one has ever cracked open a GTR so it’s kinda a shot in the dark here.

3 Likes

Battery amps and motor amps are not the same thing.
Read this:

4 Likes

Well what im saying is that the continuous amp discharge from my battery is 32Amps with a peak of 72. If im running dual that 32 would have to be split between the two motors to keep everything at safe levels

I understand I may be looking at this the wrong way and appreciate that link and i’ll see if that can help me in any way

1 Like

The GTR battery is useless for any sort of reasonably powered build. Might be ok for a low powered hub build, but those cells in such a small configuration is just pitiful really.

5 Likes

So it wouldn’t even be worth trying it with the 6374’s?

1 Like

I wouldn’t. It would be extremely disappointing.

2 Likes

Didn’t they say they used 35e cause better cells were blowing electronics(esc most likely)?
If so, a battery swap like Damon does on GTXs might not be a good idea without esc replacement as well.

1 Like

i would be getting a focbox to replace the stock esc

1 Like

so basically i need to get a new battery pack

2 Likes

No that’s bullshit. The evolve electronics blow up because they are shit.

5 Likes

Oh shit, I missed that in OP.
@glyphiks :laughing:, you dont mince words…

2 Likes

Not here. Need to tread a little more carefully on facebook tho :rofl:

3 Likes

Yep always budget a new ESC with any kind of evolve upgrade and remote and GTR battery you can use but limit your battery amps to 36 TOTAL thats 18amps per ESC. I have 2 upgraded evolves and one yet to do. My last upgrade the only thing I kept was the charging port.

1 Like

would Samsung 25R batteries, 10s4p be better? Those have a continuous of 20Amps. Other than 30Q what else would be a solid battery to use if the 25R’s arent enough

1 Like

do any of them have the stock battery?

Mine no it is the first thing I turf. My mate has a GTR with 2 6374 + MaketX DV6 with stock battery and bms. its working for now, but wont last long with his current pull.

jeez…so its almost a must for a battery swap if i dont want the thing crapping out on me

…if you want pack lifetime and range to be seriously degraded. To maximize battery lifetime and range, you should run them at half of that. The 35E was a very poor choice for a cell at 4P and done mostly for marketing purposes, imho.

I would run that 4P 35E pack at something like 20A total or 10A+10A battery current or “battery amps”

40 - 45A but these are “motor amps” and that’s what I would use

:arrow_up: also this

I’d run each side at 45A motor max and 10A battery max on the 4P 35E battery and Racerstar/Evolve 5065 motors.

On 6374 motors you could probably run 75A “motor max” and still 10A “battery max” per motor, with the Evolve battery.

Again, this is going to make your pack last about as long as a stinky fart running it that hard.

YES, but Samsung 30Q would be even better than those and Murata VTC6 or Molicel P26A probably better still.

3 Likes

this is beyond helpful. Thank you so much! Money wise, a 25R 10s4p would be enough for what i want out of it. But ill definitely take a look into those other batteries!

2 Likes