Evolve 6" tires?

Quite likely. I’m pushing 60 years old.

I’m thinking that spot with the cords showing has to be from skidding to a stop.

Never skidded with these babies, to grippy.
I could skid the evolve tires in a hard carve.

Skidding in a carve wouldn’t wear one spot. The wheels are turning. Reacting the moment from the carve increases the load on the outer wheel so it would be the one turning faster. It could also just be a local defect.

In case anyone wants to see the tires referenced in the thread title…

1 Like

They are still rated at 50 psi like the original Evolve’s. Performance auto tires are low profile and high pressure. You want your tire wall to be stiff through a turn. Deflating the pressure is what dragsters do with slicks. It will increase your grip but reduce your feel for the turn.

1 Like

That said min order is 300 pcs :flushed: I would only need like 5 hahaha I seen the multiple good reviews from people here and have been thinking of trying a 6in out on my diy when I finish it up :grin:

Also any one know how the 7in knobby evolves hold up? Looking at some for the eMTB and those purples look good :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I had seen that but the specific to SixShooter hubs made me think they wouldn’t fit the superstar or hypa hubs. If they do, I’d much rather support someone from the community, and that seems like a good price for everything!

1 Like

I dont have any idea, I can measure the Evolve AT hubs on my brothers deck and see.

1 Like

You need to do a little basic research here I think. They won’t fit your hubs. That link was just for a picture or the tyre. They are available on aliexpress, alibaba, taobao and everywhere else.

Sorry, we were talking about the trampa urban trends and evolve tires and you threw a link up and said “these” sorry for assuming that was a helpful link in this learning topic.

I guess I should just google and learn the hard way and post pictures of what I’ve done or failed with on here?? I truly am trying to understand, forums use to be for helping and growing a community, but you keep putting down people asking questions, more than just right here. Sorry we aren’t all on the same level as you bro, maybe one day we can all have a fraction of the information you have.

2 Likes

Calm down Dave, you’re reading what I wrote in the complete wrong context and getting yourself upset. I also don’t know, which is why I suggested finding out.

We’re not all out to get you, easy tiger.

1 Like

I have a set of six shooters on six shooter hubs on my build in work in addition to my Evolve. If I get home at a decent hour I will measure one of each of the hubs and report back with the measurements. I have been working my ass off lately on a test problem at our soon to be closed old factory 50 miles away. That is why my in work build isn’t my every day ride yet so check back in a day or two if you don’t see the measurements today.

2 Likes

Here you go:

Six Shooters: A = 74.5 mm B = 32.5 mm
Evolve A = 90-93 mm B = 34.2 mm

The Evolve is 90 in the center of the hub and 93 near the wall. I don’t know if that is standard or because I have been abusing them pumping my Urban Treadz up to 70 psi.

4 Likes

Photo frome @IDEA

10 Likes

that’s what im talking about right there

2 Likes

Thank you :grin:

1 Like

That looks good!

2 Likes

Time to revive an old thread.

Has anyone successfully installed these 6” evolve tires on 3Dservisas hubs!?
Really want to throw this combo on my evo but afraid they won’t fit 3Dservisas hubs

1 Like

Yes and it works just fine :slight_smile:

12 Likes