Evolve 6" tires?

It is a tight fit but it looks so good and ride is a lot better than urethane :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’re about to get shot :rofl:
But yes. Yes. I strongly agree with you :metal:t3:

3 Likes

@olsyke once you switched to the correct 6" inner tubes, how hard was it to get the 6" evolve tires onto your hubs?

1 Like

after inflating the tubes a tiny bit while allready sitting in the tires, it was quite easy tbh

1 Like

Nothing some personal lube can’t fix I assume🤷🏻‍♂️

4 Likes

@sesat do you think these tubes/tires can be stretched on the superstars aswell, with @Pedrodemio 's adapter?

i kinda fancy the look, and it would help a lot with wheelbite issues, but it makes me wonder how there would still be room for the tube

https://forum.esk8.news/t/widening-wheel-hubs/14744/27?u=olsyke

if im not misstaken the hubs width increases by 10mm , and the bearing distance stays the same

3 Likes

I would love to do that!

1 Like

i lack the experience to know if this is even possible / worth trying
but if i can find someone offering 3d printing services in EU i would definetly give it a shot

1 Like

Been done, only question is if the tyres will stretch that wide.

1 Like

i don’t know. here is a pic of metroboard 155mm’s on a stretched hub but i don’t know the details of the wide hub in the pic

4 Likes

@sesat any idea if them 155s fit on 3ds 3.75 hubs ??

1 Like

i don’t know for sure, but i think they do fit with the right 6" inner tubes

what i do know

metroboard sells those 155’s with the intention they be used on their metroboard x.
the metroboard x features wheel hubs manufactured by sunmate, which are trampa superstar knock-off’s.
the knock-offs have the same dimensions as the real deal. (so much so that one might conclude that sunmate is the oem manufacturer for trampa).
the 3ds 3.75"s are intended to be a drop-in replacement for trampa superstar/megastar wheels
I-Guarantee-It
if i’m wrong @ahrav i’ll buy the hubs, tires, and tubes from you at cost

1 Like

The man puts his money where his mouth is. Even if they don’t fit I wouldn’t fault you because your logic seems good enough for me. As @kook would say “For science

2 Likes

Ahh I just saw you said 6” tubes… I have some for 6.5” trampa treads and now the metroboard ones… let’s see what happens. Just ordered them.

It is 60mm inside dimensions for a tire to sit on according to my measurements. I’ll get exact ones this weekend though when I can grab my calipers.

by hand i can stretch the tires, but the profile becomes really flat - in that scenario does the tube actually deform to a flatter shape while inflating or how does this work out usually ?

The tube is a balloon, it’ll conform to the internal shape of the tyre.

1 Like

ok, it seems im giving this a go then - for science !
ill update you with the results

2 Likes

As long as you don’t try to fit a ridiculously big inner tube to a small tyre, everything should be fine. 165mm tube to wide 160mm or wide 155mm tyre should be fine.

1 Like

im using the standard evolve 6" innertubes that came with the tires - my fear is/was that these tubes are too narrow, but if they deform like you say i guess it will work out

1 Like