Everything that makes your ride safe

I’ll be cruising at 20mph and below most of the time. So i guess these will be great. Thanks.

1 Like

I don’t care to make an add as it’s not worth it. If you are local I’ll part with the Leatt knee pads for 15, I have cheap knee pads I’d give away,

A free racer from helmet crashed, shoei ff RF1000 (M)20$

I’m not really trying to sell but if someone needs they are here, hell go for ride with me I’ll probably just give them away free. Better being used buy you than collect dust.

In fact I got a bunch of safety stuff not worth Making an add for from textile suits to armored shirts. Most really cheap or free with a sob story

2 Likes

Hey - do you still feel strongly about this jacket?

1 Like

I do! I took the thermal liner out the other day since it has been warmer here and the airflow is nice.

1 Like

Nice, I’m going to do buy it then! I try to avoid amazon and found their website, its 3 dollars cheaper there lol

1 Like

I appreciate the link!

1 Like

I just picked up one of these too, shipping on their website is crazy though so I gave Bezos my $

1 Like

Oh really? It must’ve changed then, I just checked and shipping is free on their site

you’re probably in the same country as them

ah, makes sense :grimacing:

what are some go-to sliding knee pads? def need a pair… TSG? leatt?

I found these fox pads “used” at a good discount on Amazon. Great pads, highly recommend. Have fallen multiple times, no knee issues at all. Decent airflow.

Otherwise, a lot of riders use Leatt

I use TSG DHP kneepads, they are a little bulky as far as looks go, but protection wise they are great and I don’t need to take my shoes off to put them on

4 Likes

Can confirm this, they are great

2 Likes

Exactly this.
I have to go the garage to get my board and protection so I am always wearing shoes already and slide on kneepads are annoying.

3 Likes

Is it bad form to just add a giant pair of brass balls to the list? I’ve found that riding like a well trained city cyclist - hold your line, own the space, don’t swing erratically or you’ll be under a car before they can even flip you off for existing in public - is very very helpful for making it home safe

3 Likes

Haha, I think that worrying whether something is bad form, is just the thing to avoid there.

I’ve experienced the same thing too, when I try to ride like a wallflower a lot of cars act very dangerously around me. If I act assertive before they even get close, then everybody starts acting much more cautious.

1 Like

Looks like Flatland finally has some more gloves in stock. Mine have held up for many a crash over the last 2 years or so, def recommend.

2 Likes

Have you found the lack of finger protection to be an issue?

1 Like

Do the Knox plastic on the palm make a big difference? I know they are there to help your hand slide and prevent wrist injury, however it looks like there is still plenty of glove to catch the pavement.

1 Like