Everything that makes your ride safe

Mostly seen in the mountain board world.

The discs are definitely too big for urethane wheels but it could be done with some drilling.

2 Likes

awesome, seems i found my next project :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I’d be interested, I’m so bad at foot braking haha

1 Like

Me too, thats why i wanted an esk8 in the first place :rofl:

Not to mention foot brakings gets kinda difficult when your roads looks like

7 Likes

A grappling hook might be a better option.

6 Likes

Grappling hook on a bungy cord would be great, also useful for whipping cyclists that are drafting.

2 Likes

im cool with footbraking, but then i would go back to needing new shoes each month :joy:

seriously tho, i want strong brakes and no second esc to accomplish that

1 Like

Get Beakeboard and mount your motors in FWD

1 Like

just scored the last v5 kit from @EboardSolutions for 25€ :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

but setting this up with either tb110’s or gummies on sz tkp’s is not gonna be a cakewalk :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

A board that unplugs from it’s power source when the rider gets off? My battery and ESC lives in my backpack.

Arguably the same could be achieved with the loopkey tethered to your body.

2 Likes

so basicly loopkey on a footstrap, thats a simple solution but depending on freeroll capability it still might travel quite a distance no?

I like the thinking behind an auto brake line a treadmill but what happens when you’re on the board and accidentally disconnect the loop?

Could get sketchy unless you implement some smart smooth braking.

1 Like

Anything that’s not a hub motor should stop fairly quickly with no weight on it.

I was thinking something similar to a surfboard tether.

3 Likes

does anyone carry a regular powerful flashlight on their left (non-remote) hand at night?

I like them better because I can flash cars quickly if it looks like their doing a turn and not paying attention/etc

I don’t have any lights mounted on my board, but I have red blinking lights on both front + rear of my helmet as well

8 Likes

I do, IMO much better than any mounted solution, helmet included.

3 Likes

did the same when i diddnt have shredlights… truth is my city is so bright all the time i really just need to be seen easily in the “dark”, no need for active lighting

red lights in front goes against any countries traffic laws no ? police never cares about me but i think they would if i did that…

2 Likes

I had an extra shredlight and wanted a handheld flashlight…

2 Likes

I have a foam bumper on the front of my board to hopefully minimize damage if it does hit someone. Makes it marginally safer for others, I guess. I can kick it somewhat hard with my ankle and feel no pain, so that’s better than nothing.

8 Likes

finally, now i dont need to feel like the lone weirdo anymore with this idea :pleading_face:

great material choice there btw

2 Likes

What kind of lights are these? Are they rechargable? Or do they connect to your battery?

Does anyone have any good recommendations for board lights? I’m leaning towards a set of Shredlights, two on the front, two on the back, one mounted on my helmet. Are they bright enough to provide good visibility in the dark?

2 Likes