Everything that makes your ride safe

Anyone with the sector 9 slide gloves have any skin irritation?

Back of my hand is super itchy. Like I can barily not scratch it itchy.

It uccurs to me I should wash my hands

@Kellag got any pointers for gettin the itchn? Baby powder?

2 Likes

I use chassis ball powder for my nether regions now. It’s incredible. Sounds like you are sensitive to the leather or whatever they use in the gloves. Maybe get cloth ones like flatland 3d.

1 Like

Just completely dip your hands in Elmer’s glue to make a protective layer between you and the gloves.
Just be sure to let it dry before you put the gloves on lol

3 Likes

I have had more serious skin reactions to chlorine soap and spray on sunscreen, forgot to add that.

Maybe I can fit another layer in there. Shame they were keeping me quite safe.

2 Likes

Is the expensive powder any better than Goldbond or does it just make you feel prettier/#treatyoself?

2 Likes

I just got a Troy Lee Designs A1 MIPS Bike Helmet on sale for $65 (with shipping and tax). They are usually $139.

This should be one of the safest non-full helmets out there.

Only downside: they only have a stylishly questionable color at that price for my size. Maybe you are luckier. But you can always repaint it.

https://www.evo.com/outlet/helmets/troy-lee-designs-a1-mips-bike-helmet#image=115521/484837/troy-lee-designs-a1-mips-bike-helmet-.jpg

1 Like

It’s night and day, keeps them so much fresher and it’s all natural. No more swamp ass

1 Like

What’s questionable about blue and white?

It’s the tone of blue. Likely a girls model. But whatever, I’m in California.

Yeah nah, that’s like a light gunmetal blue, plus gender based on colour? Maybe if it was barbie pink or something.

2 Likes

If it’s not pink you might as well send it back.

2 Likes

Careful man, I heard it can give you ovarian cancer

2 Likes

If you were to choose a good glove today, would you pick

This, but I’m biased. My Knox Orsa MX pair, which these are based on, have been stellar through a couple of falls.

2 Likes

I should update from more use.

It hasn’t happened as bad again but it’s not a one off. I’m kinda guessing it has something to do with sweat? Maybe I should just try to wash them.

I wish Knox sold kits to retrofit your regular gloves…

1 Like

about safety for passants, did anyone ever consider a bumper that mounts to front baseplate holes, so incase of a runaway board you dont break someones ankles on impact?

i think for dense urban environment this could be a thing

3 Likes

Maybe with people around just don’t go fast?

1 Like

im the most defensive rider ever when it comes to that, but the devil never sleeps and you probably dont need a lot of speed to do a lot of damage…

2 Likes

i have another stupid question…

disc brakes that attach to the wheels abec/kegel adapter style, is this unheard of? i couldnt find anything with a quick search