Everything that makes your ride safe

I have two titanium screws in each knee from old school patella tendon ACL reconstructions. From the X-rays they look like #8 capheads.

Any associated pain while riding? I would get numb feet before this happened. I ride goofy so hopefully having my jacked ankle in front will help.

The surgeries were a long time ago. My knees ache when the weather changes. Esk8 doesn’t seem to bother them. We have a pool & jacuzzi so I usually jump in the jacuzzi right after a long ride.

1 Like

I would not recommend Mechanix M-Pact gloves for esk8. They are good for manual labor but that’s it. Get wrist protection for emtb or Sector 9 Lightning for street.

3 Likes

Fuck yeah. Helmet looks good dude

1 Like

Ah, I missed there was a dedicated thread for the protective gear. I wouldn’t have posted to a new thread otherwise. Anyway, will at least put the link here:

3 Likes

Patellaectomy here LHS, I ride goofy because of it.

Buy good gear peoples it’s cheaper in the long run & a lot less painful!

2 Likes

Yeah I always try n wear an empty back pack as my budget back protection…but def worked after my last fall.

3 Likes

Definitely true but I tore my ACLs in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Not skating.

1 Like

Damn that’s a surprisingly awesome hack in a pinch. Thanks!

2 Likes

Maybe carrying my bottle of vodka home in my backpack isn’t such a good idea.

3 Likes

It’s really not apart from being self cauterizing, motorbike bungee net?

1 Like

Well duh… U gotta ride slower, no one wants to waste good alcohol for speed :wink:

1 Like

I wear the following currently:

• Bell Super 3R MIPS helmet
  • G-Form Knee Pads
  • G-Form Elbow Pads
  • Demon Snow Flexmeter Wrist Guard - Double
  • Some pair of biker gloves that suck - trigger fingers cut off

When it’s not too hot, I wear

• Viking Cycle Warlock Mesh Motorcycle Jacket in lieu of the G-Form Elbow Pads.

I did not feel very protected in the G-Form when I’m pushing over 30+ so I recently ordered

• Fox Launch Pro D30 Knee Guards
  • Fox Launch Pro D30 Elbow Guards

I’m hoping those give me a bit more protection when I’m just wearing a shirt. The G-Form are comfortable, but I just can’t see them offering much protection when I go fast. They are great when I’m just cruising around the neighborhood or have the dog with me and I’m going slower.

My wishlist is still some padded shorts, and maybe some type of short sleeve armored setup without the actual Iron Man protection that most of the MotoX and MTB stuff looks like.

I’m not against looking like an overweight IronMan (I’m 220, 5’-11’) … but I’d rather not … haha

1 Like

how is the lazy rolling hoodie? worth the price?

2 Likes

Thread is a bit old but I was wondering whats better, splinted wrist guards or slide gloves?

These actually work really well. Use them with some light gloves.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017HZ9OX4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_RXbkDbMG38YYV

1 Like

This thread never gets old :relieved:

So those don’t get in the way of your remote? I have a set of triple 8 finger less wrist guards, however i was looking for a fingered alternative after slapping my bare fingertips pretty hard during a fall.

1 Like

No they don’t get in the way of the remote. You can even tuck them under the wrist gaurd and have a better grip on the remote.