Every rider please be careful! Wear your helmet! Chace Numata

I think ppe is actually cool, you look like RoboCop

2 Likes

@Skunk
@torqueboards

I know it’s been confirmed but i wanted to make sure.

1 Like

Very sad I have seen the seawolves play the double AA team in Trenton. Doesn’t seem like he was wearing a helmet but this seems more like a board malfunction.

Idk. News say “footage shows he hit a obstacle.” So let’s not rise the pitch fork yet.

1 Like

Riding at night with no helmet or lights…that’s a very dangerous game. By the sounds of it, he was not going slow either. Sucks to see it happen to what seems to be an amazing guy. Wear them brain buckets people… i’d be devastated if it happened to anyone I know from here…

6 Likes

Wasn’t too long ago that Derek passed away… :disappointed_relieved:

8 Likes

this is accurate. I pushed about a mile home yesterday barefoot. eswitch died in my carvoff evo. just fixed it this morning.

5 Likes

Doesn’t this void the manufacturer’s warranty?

2 Likes

oh teh noes! whatever will I do?

4 Likes

Carvoff, lol. :clap: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

most of these guys are new to esk8 and don’t know about face plants, zombie cutoffs, discharge BMS, rocks in gears/pulley etc. more and more people are exposed to esk8 with that comes unfortunate accidents like this. prayers going out to Chace and his family.

3 Likes

Damn, just had a gnarly crash that left me in the hospital for 3 hours. Wear your armor kids but sometimes it isn’t enough. Details to come since I think it’s a worthwhile story to tell.

EDIT: Fentanyl is good

7 Likes

Are you ok man? Concussion?

1 Like

Not this time. Dislocated kneecap on my amputated leg.

1 Like

That sucks man! Hope you recover soon.

I confirmed this morning that my fall the other day was due to signal interference from a 5G tower on top of a building.

You can see it from the road and this morning I was waiting at the traffic light on my MTB, front foot on the ground because slight downhill slope.

Then the board goes full throttle for half a second, but with my back leg still in the foot strap it just lifts the driving wheels off the ground instead.

Very fortunate. 30 seconds later it happens again.

Doesn’t happen across the intersection, so until I have an interference free control setup, I’ll just start my journey in the city a block later.

1 Like

@malJohann Dude make sure you set your failsafe. That’s an accident waiting to happen

1 Like

Already had an accident, board went full throttle out from under me. I hit the ground right thigh and right hand first. What failsafe? I have HobbyWing Max6 ESCs.

1 Like

I don’t think anything can be done if your signal gets jacked. I’m looking for either a hard wired solution, or for something with a more robust connection than a HK-GT2B.

Might end up getting a Futaba or Spektrum radio and receiver, but not sure.

The failsafe is programmed in the receiver not the esc.

1 Like

Just looked it up, good to know! How will this affect signal jacking though?

Do you think my failsafe is full throttle and this is why it’s doing that?