Evan's hazardous workshop

instead of derailing my thread, ill update that I fucked up kids see boosted’s battery by draining it to 32v and leaving the loop key in for two days. that battery needs some upgrading anyways that I’ll get to in the future after I burn all of my money on the kaly

2 Likes

As you see in the title, im planning my next build. I’m going to take a bunch of the parts from my evo and put them on the kaly, essentially downgrading the evo. For NYC streets the evo doesn’t make a whole lot of sense as its not too great at dealing with our shit roads. Most people here that I ride with have large 7"+ pnumies and my 6 inch ones don’t take potholes particularly well.

I’m 100% certain about these parts:
Stormcore 60D+
BN Adj baseplates
BN270 (don’t have yet)
BN AT motor mounts
Maytech 6374 140kv
Kaly XL deck (medium) (don’t have yet)

I’m looking at getting some rockstars with 8 inch pneumatics on them from a local guy. My big question is about my battery, ESC placement and enclosure. I have 3 choices for enclosures, and two main dillemas with my battery. I’m going with a large pack (at least 12s6p, probably more) If I go with 8P I’m considering tesla cells, but if I go 6p I’ll use p42a for sure. I’m also considering top mounting my ESC but I’m very uncertain about how this build is going to go.

For enclosures, I have these options

Eboosted (PITA to mount on a kaly deck)
Kaly40 (not too large, needs a gasket for double stack)
Kaly50 (wont be available till fall at worst)

Evo will get downgraded to a unity, and ill get new motor mounts for it.

Make sure you budget for a new enclosure for ksb lol. That battery ain’t coming out without maximum effort, if at all.

Curious to see what cell you use next. The obvious choice would be p24a imo… Since 10s/11s(w/ no bms)3p 21700 is the maximum you can reasonably fit in the 10s4p 18650 enclosure

1 Like

I wasn’t even able to get the enclosure off dude. I’m trying but that silicon has more strength than I have the will to live lmao

1 Like

Thats 2.66v per cell, should be fine. Maybe a tiny bit of life taken from it.

1 Like

It’s 10s, so 3.2 is fine, but I left the loop key and it drained to 13 volts lol

1 Like

Jeeeeez :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Oh shit, nevermind, that’s a sad battery :pleading_face:

Needs a new battery anyways lol. I may wait for the eboosted 21700 enclosure. Then I’ll run a 10s4p 21700 in there and put pneumatics LOL

It’s toast anyways. Needed to he replaced. I just… Expedited the process…

1 Like

If you got high strength fishing wire you could probably use it and some kind of sawing motion to help remove the enclosure from the board if you get it under… Know what I mean?

Yeah I just gotta get some lol. Don’t wanna pry with metal tools ofc

I’ve ordered all of the parts for my new kaly build! Parts list updated.

Im broke now :frowning:

2 Likes

Updated my parts lists and notes

New update!

3 Likes

Did you manage 4 mounting screws? Any hiccups? I’m thinking about the same setup

so its not the actual screws that go into the stormcore like I thought, but the screws that connect the two halves of the heatsink. I did the two that fit, and covered the other two screws with a buncha hot glue lol. It’s worked for the past 30 miles :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Improvise, adapt, overcome!

Thanks for all the insights bruh

1 Like

b0nk
the thread returns, with extra moneypits

1 Like

Where’s the flux dude?

1 Like