Evan's hazardous workshop

Planning out my potential kaly build!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w3Iw89vVved3W_4hI7m19tXK0X0R2FmR/view?usp=sharing

People who were/would be interested
@Nacho @jack.luis

2 Likes

nicer looking board then mine. u include the cost of the charger in there? Any soldering supplies used, or extra’s I was nickel and dimed $50ish dollars on my build if not for that I would be under $400

2 Likes

I included all of the battery cost in there as I got nickel and the PCBs for the batteries for 30 bucks or whatever. I used about 5 dollars worth of solder. I just bought a 7amp charger for about 60 dollars

1 Like

u fuse the battery? I ended up fusing mine for ease of use and more reliability. It was prolly the biggest pain in the ass and the spot where I spent the most cash, because my dumbass didn’t know how to look up or read data sheets at the time.

1 Like

fusing the main leads of a battery is not a good idea. The charge port, yes. fusing the main leads actually reduces reliability because the second you blow that fuse you lose breaks.

1 Like

battery port, not the discharge cables. Its kinda pointless to do so in esk8 and can be a safety hazard like u said for the discharge leads.

My bad for not being specific enuf, forgot about the two points that possible to fuse.

1 Like

yeah everyone should fuse their charge port, especially me since I dont have a cover for mine. If some piece of metal shorts it then the fuse blows and my bms and board are fine lol

1 Like

yeah especially since most chinese manufacturers tend to lie in the product specs and my dumbass at the time went through 4 different barrel jacks until I found the only two reliable ones that work for esk8, by trial and error. If I went down and read some of the reviews or looked at the spec sheets that were listed on other posts I would have seen that they have a max rating and not the bullshit rating they advertised on the sell page.

2 Likes

ah im using a GX16 which can easily blow that fuse. I hate barrel jacks.

1 Like

yeh gx16 r more reliable, but it is what it is now. Live and learn

2 Likes

I think you want channel trucks it’s a Kaly
I don’t think I’ve ever seen RKP on a kaly

1 Like

Two reasons I’m going rkp

1. It’s funny
  2. I don’t have enough money to finish the build now. The only channel trucks I could realistically afford immediately are the AliExpress ones that are apparently really durable.
2 Likes

Just make that your last purchase I’ll look around for ya
What is the budget for trucks and pulleys?

1 Like

Not sure I really have a hard budget as I’ll be spending money as I make it. Im going to use a lot of parts from my Evo originally, and as the build progresses I’ll start upgrading/switching the parts so I can have my evo up and running again

1 Like

12s4p p42a battery for ~$325?!!!? I need friends like @jack.luis

2 Likes

He did all the work, I just checked it

2 Likes

Teach a man to fish and he’ll cook you a whale

4 Likes

I am a whale lol

325 doesn’t include all of the redbull and food I bought, but it’s irrelevant to the build as I wanna keep the price tag low.

Also my BMS is pissing me off. Can’t find it on Bluetooth so I gotta take my board apart.

Cut a bunch of nickel for free?

3 Likes

hahaha yeah