Evan's 1st Mountainboard | The Apex Croix - 4wd atrocity

I don’t think Evan plans to ride as hard as you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Fixed it for you

1 Like

Just watching him lead the rides I can tell he makes better decisions than I do,

3 Likes

The fastest I ever touch on rides is 35mph. I prefer 25mph cruises.

I have some angled risers that @Skyart printed in Nylon. Planning to use a 5 up and a 7.5 in rear to end up with a 35 / 32.5 split.

2 Likes

I think it’s kind of going to feel like a boat because of how long the deck is. I’m running 40 in the front 35 in the rear on a very short deck and it’s barely enough maneuverability for me at low speed

2 Likes

That’s where softer bushings come into play. I’m running 35/25 angles and I can make a tight circles as long as I have good traction.

1 Like

You aren’t wrong but I can’t deal with short stance decks. Trampa feels wayyy too small for me. I originally wanted the MBS DWiii, but that is similar dimensions

1 Like

Lean issue

1 Like

Couldn’t say no to p45b’s @ $6 / cell.

As @poastoast says: Fucc it - we ball, UwU

3 Likes

go fast eat ass!

1 Like

Maker X black friday sale… ESCs acquired :slight_smile:

Another hidden $25 off because chase freedom card has 5% off paypal purchases this quarter

5 Likes
  • 140kv
  • 170kv

0 voters

I’m leaning toward 170kv so that I have plenty of top speed in case I ever want to run small wheels. Anything over 1000N of force is insane, so I don’t think I need the extra force from 140kv modors.

I was just using the calc yesterday and I’m happy with my 850N launch force :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’d probably go 170kv, you already have enough torque to pull tree stumps. Might as well let it stretch its legs on the street too

6 Likes

The RTKP are actually the other truck I was considering for this build. I think you’re one of the only folks on here who has spent time on both airs and RTKP. How would you compare them?

You really planning to push those motors eh :smirk:

2 Likes

Haha 100a was just fuzzy numbers to reach 5-7nM max torque. I know they’re rated for 65a, but surely you can hit them with more in a burst, since 65a would be well below their rated torque.

Realistically I’ll probably run 60-80 amps per motor.

1 Like

Well, I spent time with them both on the same board at the same time :sweat_smile: Since no one has bought my spare RTKP truck off me I think I will be replacing my rear apex air truck with it, because I’ve gotten speed wobbles a few times that seemed really weird to control. I think the Newbee trucks might be lighter as well, so that’s what I’d go for, especially since you’ll be using a lacroix deck which has less angled tips.

3 Likes

How’d you set up your motor torque calcs?

I’d like to make a side-by-side comparison of 170kv vs 190kv Maytech 6355 closed-can motors like yours - also feeding 5.5 ratio Jump Drives.

1 Like

I built this esk8 calculator in google docs. Fill out your info in the light blue cells. Don’t modify any other cells.

The Ultimate esk8 calculator - with Force in Newtons - How-Tos & Esk8 mechanics / How-Tos - esk8.news: DIY Electric Skateboard Forums

3 Likes