Evan’s ultraboards | Turtle at2 and unnamed backfire x2 builds

I didn’t even know heat shrink braided tubing was a thing. That’s awesome. Thank you

2 Likes

+1 for the adhesive lined shrink tube Jackson recommended — those phase wires will come loose and possibly short themselves if you don’t secure them.

I finished the unnamed backfire board today and took it out for a ride with TB pneumatics. It was everything I had hoped it would be. The bn220 trucks carve so well with the flexy ultra low deck. I’m pretty stoked on how this board turned out.

Rough cost breakdown

$100 - Deck
$130 - TB Pneumies
$200 - Tb6380
$200 - xenith
$80 - BN220
$90 - BN xl motor mounts
$75 - eboosted enclosure
$250 - 10s5p p26a
$50 - Paris baseplates
$50 - vx1
$100 - random connectors, heat shrink, wires, flux
$25 - riptide bushings and cups

9 Likes

I ate shit today riding “toothless”

I swapped out the Pneumies for tb110s and I guess I forgot that you can’t slam the carves as hard as you want to on thane. Board slipped out from under me at 20mph and I luckily I went into a roll.

It’s kind of weird going back to tb110s. I forgot that they don’t have as much grip as pneumies.

8 Likes

I had to overcome a few challenges to get the 6380 motors to fit on the surfrodz tkp trucks with enough axle space left for the wheels.

I dremeled enough aluminum off the hanger for the phase wires to run along them. The secret to dremeling aluminum is to use their titanium nitride coated bits (gold).

I give you an esk8.news world first: “dickynamics”. Dickyho motor plates with @Boardnamics tkp clamps.

Also thanks @Boardnamics for the solid 10mm axles - these are dope. So much better than shoulder bolts.

The tkps dive pretty hard compared to the BN220 on paris plates. It’s kind of scary doing hard carves because it’s easy to go a little too far. Initial impression is that bn220 50/43 split is more fun and feels safer than the tkp trucks.

The bn220s feel very linear and predictable. Carving at 20mph feels super stable and fun.

6 Likes

Sad to say I went top mount today instead of drop through. It was too low with urethane wheels dropped through and lost traction on carves and turns way too easily. The additional ride height is whatever but carving feels way safer.

5 Likes

still looks like a fun low rider… how are those wheels?

1 Like

I like these wheels a lot. They are honestly very similar to tb110s, with perhaps a little more cushion. Tough to say which I like more. Probably tb110s for perfect pavement and these for everything else.

The only downside is that the kegel holes are smaller than normal, so you need to drill them out to use @boardnamics pushfit pulleys.

1 Like

Please put some moon beams or x thing deck protectors on the top to spread the bolt load please. Been seeing too many decks splitting at the nose recently.

2 Likes

How is the wear for you? On my board the rear wheels are wearing insanely quickly (onsra 115 here too)

I have since gotten my hands on that ranger deck and your modified enclosure and plan to bring some new life to it! I will be doing a street board on Evolve DKP trucks with either mad wheels or black TB110 72a. I will be using 6374 flipsky motors, a 12s3p battery, and a Stormcore 60d+. super excited to get it out on the road soon. I am trying to figure out whether to do drop-through with the trucks or not. I think drop-through would look a lot better. any advice? I see you had it as a drop-through for a while, did you have many major issues with it? Thanks in advance!