[EU] WTB Caliber motor mount

When grubscrews or mounts fail, you can always use JB Weld 8265S Original Steel (or your local automotive parts store name-brand engine block repair two-part epoxy)

Of course that makes it permanent. And always mix very well, in correct proportions, and let it cure a few more days than it says you need to.

5 Likes

Yes, I ship from Norway so there will be import fees. Currently you can choose between NOK or USD on the site. Most of my customers are US based.

I was fed up with this exact issue with other mounts. This is actually the reason whooshboards exist. Thatā€™s why I made sure not to have the same issues when designing my own mounts. Mine fit both caliber II and TB218 100%. No slipping of angle. Good ground clearance. 7075 t6 alu. Optional crossbars and idlers. I do not know any other mount with all these features.

@Von @BillGordon @gmurad @BleepBlopBloop @Jujo Help me out guys, maybe you have some insights to share about the mounts? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Iā€™ve actually only had good experiences with these mounts. I remember receiving them and thinking these are gonna be rock solid. And they were! I got the 80mm adjustable plates with hex clamps so I had a lot of angular options depending on clearance. I prefer the C-shape type of clamp but these split clamps were great.

My only issue was that they came with stainless steel and I donā€™t trust stainless steel unless theyā€™re butt plugs. Too low tensile strength. So I swapped them out for class 12.9. And oh! I generally hate branding and logos, but these were just so nicely made, I didnā€™t mind them eventually.

Iā€™d say these are top 3 mounts for me personally. Just under Janux mounts but way better than those painted Psychotillers mounts for TKP or RKP

Sorry I keep editing and adding shit. Important note: Iā€™ve never had to use a loctite for these mounts because theyre pretty solid. (not that you shouldnā€™t to be extra safe!)

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @Jujo! :pray:

1 Like

1 Like

I have some ā€œb-stockā€ you can get discount on. Just PM me

2 Likes

I have a set of streetwing ones with belt covers you could have for shipping costs if that tickles your well oiled fancy.

Never used or mounted.

Iā€™m sure I have a bunch of other brand ones too here somewhere that I didnā€™t use because I am a hoarder.

3 Likes

Ummā€¦I could use a mount :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the offer, but Iā€™ve seen pictures of those mounts breaking where the motor attaches because of the metal being too thin. Whooshboards has sorted me out for the time being :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are they still up for grabs or gone already? Late to game like always

Sorry a bit late to the party. Have been absent from this forum due to privacy issues that have surfaced.

Whoosh boards mount are still on my board and havenā€™t budged one bit. They are secure as a rock and I havenā€™t used loctite as the bolts have nylon lock on them. I have only used whoosh mounts and I canā€™t think of a reason for using anyone elseā€™s. They are compact well designed and secure af.

In fact the maytech 6355 have taken a crap and the these still stay on rock solid.

2 Likes