[EU] WTB Caliber motor mount

Looking for a no-idler or dual-idler (if small) adjustable angle mount for caliber trucks. Must be mounted with a clamp. Not grub screws, not an adapter that changes the truck profile to a circle.

Seems that no esk8 shop in the EU has one that meets these simple requirements. Maybe someone has a used one they could part with? I just want to finish my friend’s board :slightly_frowning_face:

Brands that I know have such a mount:

• Torqueboards mounts that are 3-piece
  • Boardnamics mounts
  • Whooshboards mounts

Whooshboards is eu btw

1 Like

All of their prices were in USD so I assumed they weren’t, but yes, the contact address is in Norway. @Mikaelj is this true? Do you ship from Norway? :smiley:

Edit: Norway isn’t in the EU, but they are in the EEA, so I think that means no import fees? :upside_down_face:

There are import fees from norway, iirc. Out of interest, why not circle adapters? I guess if you’ve had poor experiences with them then it makes sense but my aps/dicky mounts fit so tightly eve without clamping ive never had spinning problems :expressionless:

1 Like

My friend would kill me if I bought him mounts that were blue, sorry.

P.S. I had remembered people had complained in the past about Dickyho’s mounts breaking, but while looking for a source I learned that it was a bad batch some time ago, and that the current ones have a good reputation.

I have black and RAW ones :wink:

I don’t see those colors on your store :thinking:

Edit: it also says sold out on the street ones

did you check out this one ?

1 Like

It attaches to the truck with a SINGLE grub screw. My Torqueboard’s mounts with 4 grub screws were problematic, so I’d imagine this one having even more problems. I did use it for my brother’s build for a few rides, but at the moment it is stuck to a broken motor whose pulley I cannot remove. Worst case I will try drilling holes in its mounting plate to use with my friend’s board, after cutting the pulley in half if I fail to remove it with a remover tool I bought yesterday.

1 Like

my problem with them was that so far out on the hangar the ecaliber profile is thinning out, so i used 2 clamps and cut the screws to achieve this…
as for the grubscrews, i never really had problems with those with some loctite treatment

1 Like

My TB mounts seemed solid as well with red loctite, but once every few weeks it would still get a bit loose, and I’d have to retighten. The caliber hanger is soft, so my grub screws were just digging deeper and deeper into the truck.

4 Likes

hmm i see, well i only tightened them once, but really hard and never had a problem like this…

ive been agressively running dual 6355 12s / 107s / and 15 / 44 which is quite some torque, and that for months

Maybe you just have nicer roads :smile:

Well, maybe I’ll just try using that mount once more, and seek a solution once it fails, rather than proactively.

1 Like

but but… im dropping sidewalk edges a lot :joy:

if its just one mount, why not grab a second clamp only @rusins ?
really cant imagine you would have problems then

1 Like

Hmm that would actually work :smile:

1 Like

then, the screws you see in the picture i posted above are the ones that stay original length, and the ones that go through the actual mount are then ones you shorten a bit, easy :sunglasses:

1 Like

These come loose very easily due to only having one set screw, I had to drill and tap extra holes for additional setscrews which solved it mostly.

1 Like

I have those electric board solutions and I to need to tighten the grabscrews time to time. But my Caliber hanger have holes in them from the grabscrews.
I guess I give them a pas for that price.

2 Likes

hmm ok someone forgot to tell mine to become loose then, like i mentioned my only issue was the bad alignment on the outer part of the trucks :man_shrugging:

its not the best solution but the dual clamps definetly are rock solid for me

1 Like

I think the dual clamp is a good idea if you have enough space for it :slight_smile:

1 Like