[EU] WTB Caliber motor mount

hmm i see, well i only tightened them once, but really hard and never had a problem like this…

ive been agressively running dual 6355 12s / 107s / and 15 / 44 which is quite some torque, and that for months

Maybe you just have nicer roads :smile:

Well, maybe I’ll just try using that mount once more, and seek a solution once it fails, rather than proactively.

1 Like

but but… im dropping sidewalk edges a lot :joy:

if its just one mount, why not grab a second clamp only @rusins ?
really cant imagine you would have problems then

1 Like

Hmm that would actually work :smile:

1 Like

then, the screws you see in the picture i posted above are the ones that stay original length, and the ones that go through the actual mount are then ones you shorten a bit, easy :sunglasses:

1 Like

These come loose very easily due to only having one set screw, I had to drill and tap extra holes for additional setscrews which solved it mostly.

1 Like

I have those electric board solutions and I to need to tighten the grabscrews time to time. But my Caliber hanger have holes in them from the grabscrews.
I guess I give them a pas for that price.

2 Likes

hmm ok someone forgot to tell mine to become loose then, like i mentioned my only issue was the bad alignment on the outer part of the trucks :man_shrugging:

its not the best solution but the dual clamps definetly are rock solid for me

1 Like

I think the dual clamp is a good idea if you have enough space for it :slight_smile:

1 Like

When grubscrews or mounts fail, you can always use JB Weld 8265S Original Steel (or your local automotive parts store name-brand engine block repair two-part epoxy)

Of course that makes it permanent. And always mix very well, in correct proportions, and let it cure a few more days than it says you need to.

5 Likes

Yes, I ship from Norway so there will be import fees. Currently you can choose between NOK or USD on the site. Most of my customers are US based.

I was fed up with this exact issue with other mounts. This is actually the reason whooshboards exist. That’s why I made sure not to have the same issues when designing my own mounts. Mine fit both caliber II and TB218 100%. No slipping of angle. Good ground clearance. 7075 t6 alu. Optional crossbars and idlers. I do not know any other mount with all these features.

@Von @BillGordon @gmurad @BleepBlopBloop @Jujo Help me out guys, maybe you have some insights to share about the mounts? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I’ve actually only had good experiences with these mounts. I remember receiving them and thinking these are gonna be rock solid. And they were! I got the 80mm adjustable plates with hex clamps so I had a lot of angular options depending on clearance. I prefer the C-shape type of clamp but these split clamps were great.

My only issue was that they came with stainless steel and I don’t trust stainless steel unless they’re butt plugs. Too low tensile strength. So I swapped them out for class 12.9. And oh! I generally hate branding and logos, but these were just so nicely made, I didn’t mind them eventually.

I’d say these are top 3 mounts for me personally. Just under Janux mounts but way better than those painted Psychotillers mounts for TKP or RKP

Sorry I keep editing and adding shit. Important note: I’ve never had to use a loctite for these mounts because theyre pretty solid. (not that you shouldn’t to be extra safe!)

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @Jujo! :pray:

1 Like

1 Like

I have some “b-stock” you can get discount on. Just PM me

2 Likes

I have a set of streetwing ones with belt covers you could have for shipping costs if that tickles your well oiled fancy.

Never used or mounted.

I’m sure I have a bunch of other brand ones too here somewhere that I didn’t use because I am a hoarder.

3 Likes

Umm…I could use a mount :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the offer, but I’ve seen pictures of those mounts breaking where the motor attaches because of the metal being too thin. Whooshboards has sorted me out for the time being :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are they still up for grabs or gone already? Late to game like always

Sorry a bit late to the party. Have been absent from this forum due to privacy issues that have surfaced.

Whoosh boards mount are still on my board and haven’t budged one bit. They are secure as a rock and I haven’t used loctite as the bolts have nylon lock on them. I have only used whoosh mounts and I can’t think of a reason for using anyone else’s. They are compact well designed and secure af.

In fact the maytech 6355 have taken a crap and the these still stay on rock solid.

2 Likes