[EU-SE] looking for a deck and other parts for a first build

This one

product_Jet-2016-Potato-29-(SET-HD)

3 Likes

I would have this one up for sale. Can part out the parts you need. Only problem is that it’s on its way to Germany right now, so not really able to get to it for the next 3 weeks or so :grimacing:

Parts are a custom Sender skate skinned tayto
Big Ben enclosed with charge port, loopkey port and two ports for balance wires
TB trucks and motor mounts
90mm Popoca wheels
2x 140kV racerstar 5056 motors
36T boardnamics wheel pulley (motor pulley I’m not sure atm)
Optional 2x og focbox

Enclosure can fit at 12s3p 18650

One of the latest pictures upside down

4 Likes

I will most likely get the jet potato 29 deck posted above, already messaged the guy and dont wana turn it down now. But thank u anyways! Hmm is there a way for me to close the thread? I might create a new one for other parts i need

2 Likes

Since you might end up answering the same questions I think keeping all your parts searching in 1 thread would be best.

Single 6374 if you want the full DIY esk8 experience and a 1st board that will blow your socks off :smiley:
Single hub if you value silence, simplicity, practicality. And don’t have hills to climb.

2 Likes

You can ask @xsynatic to close it for you.

Allright so ive most likely got my hands on a deck and thought i could update this thread with what i still need.
Drivetrain:

• trucks (caliber II)
  • motormounts (63xx)
  • motors (preferably a single 6374 or dual 6354)
  • pulleys and belts.
  • maybe wheels aswell

Other stuff:

• a vesc (either single or dual)
  • remote ( if i cant get a really cheap one here ill most likely buy a new hoyt puck)

I feel like i want to ask here first before i go out and buy everything i need online. So if you have anything you want to get rid of that could fit my first build feel free to reply here or message me.

Have you checked the Facebook group Esk8 Sweden köp och sÀlj? I know there is someone selling caliber 2s with a single motor, wheels and some other parts.

il check right now

ahh yea apparently i had already messaged that guy and the trucks were already sold. i guess you meant the purple caliber trucks?

Exactly. Didn’t know they were sold.

Personal taste, but if you can budget it i’d recommend going dual over single even if it means sacrificing some range. Single drives act weird, they have a signature “wiggle” when you let go of the throttle, are capable of torque steering, and if you ride hard enough to lift a wheel, you may lose accel/brakes when cornerering.

That said, single drive is obviously more affordable, and you can always add another motor later, but I’d definitely opt for a dual esc to make that upgrade easier if you end up wanting to.

2 Likes

Hihi depending on how much waiting around you’re willing to do I have some suggestions that could save you money in the EU.

@EboardSolutions occasionally do big clearance sales on a random mishmash of parts, if you get lucky and happen to need what’s discounted they can be very cheap. I’ve saved hundreds there because I waited around and had a use for it, I think there’s nothing crazy on sale at the moment except maybe some pulleys or motor mounts, and Frederic seems to be quite accomodating in my experience around grouping orders

Banggood also occasionally do bizarre sale prices on Flipsky gear including their very good motors, I got a pair of 6354s brand new with EU shipping for €80. They haven’t done one in a while though, might be 6+ months at this point so I’m not sure if they’ll do it again

Meepo claim to do good shipping with an EU warehouse and at the moment they have a hub motor kit that looks pretty compelling. It’s two hub motors, 105mm fairly cushy sleeves, truck for the hub motors, and front wheels. Full disclosure though, they’re new and I haven’t been able to find any testing or reviews so I’m biased because I want someone to buy them and tell me what they’re like

3 Likes

Yup, and they offer COD so you get fast shipping and timely updates.

1 Like

Nothing spectacular on Banggood at the moment, though lots of people like the VX1 and it’s pretty cheap right now

https://banggood.onelink.me/zMT7/osipaunc

1 Like

@xsynatic you can close this thread. got most of the parts i need now. :smile:. probably gonna start a build thread instead

1 Like