EU Group Buy 10x3 Knobby Off Road Tires

I’m gauging interest for a group buy for those tires.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33026339240.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.200039aaFizPmO

I am interested in by myself, but the shipping costs kind of kills the deal for me. I am willing to pay like 10€ per tire and let’s say 10€ for shipping for a set of 4. So I decided to contact the manufacturer/whole seller of the tires for a quantity of 100PCs

Is anybody else interested in those tires?

3 Likes

@klaus79856 didn’t you say you wanted some?

3 Likes

Already told him :slight_smile:

2 Likes

4 tires are 4 kg, volume weight is about the same
10 Euro per 4 tires shipping, yes with aircargo if you order 100+ it might be possible.

When you order 2x two by China Post, it is 36 USD / set

2 Likes

That’s not bad. Less than $10 a tire.

1 Like

Yes one or two sets, but not 100 !

2 Likes

I think they don’t fit trampa megastar hubs?

Trampa has a very similar tire and they fit on Megastars and Primo 3 spoke. They also should fit on MBS Fivestars. There are also some more wide hubs and adapters on the market which should fit.

Edit: are those hubs on the picture not the Megastars?

No, that’s there own 9“ hub they sell.

Those tires will fit all 9“ hubs available so far.
Keep in mind those tires are made for wheelbarrows. I would think about it twice if you plan to go more than 30km/h with them.

4 Likes

Now I see, It’s the FatBoy hub from 3D Servisas.

It says “motorcycle tire for dirt pocket mini bike quad atv”

@3DServisas Maybe you can tell us about your experiences with this tire.

1 Like

These tires do not fit my 9" hubs because of width. Inner width of the tire must be at least 50mm. The only viable drive is a gear drive because of tire being 80mm, so that it goes inside by at least 15mm, hitting any other drive. I had to redesign the gear drive and wheels for them. Wheel bolts became M5.

When buying the tires, only buy from C-Lever. The tires only smelled of rubber and not cancer. The tread is soft, seems to be high enough quality.

On-road I reached speed of 50km/h (this is my limited top speed), I didn’t feel any bumps in the road, no cracks, manholes etc. No vibrations, very soft and comfortable.

Off-road for forest trails, general off-road they are super.

The only problem is sand that is pretty much quicksand. The tires just go into it after 50 meters and lose traction completely. This sand makes my foot sink into it too.

In general I am very happy with these tires. so now I am waiting for snow so I could try them in winter conditions.

7 Likes

The 9" Megastar deep dish should work. One concern would be foot bite though. They look massive. We have a longer deck in production to address either wider stance or bigger tires.

3 Likes

So on what hubs are you using them?

I’d figure he just CNC’ed something custom.

2 Likes

Ok, but like Frank said they will fit the Megastars and they also should fit the Fivestars. You might relocate the motor mount to fit them though.

New rims on the left, old (9") rims on the right

1 Like

@3DServisas I run your 9“ hubs on 10“ tires without issues. Not the same model of tire but they are as well 80mm wide. Also no problems with chain drive. Just Important that motor mounts sit on the right position on the hanger.
As i have a fixed distance due to the crossbar I used etoxx truck extensions to get the right distance.

5 Likes

Yeah, no reason you couldn’t fit a super wide tire on narrower hubs (unless you can’t physically get the hubs to meet), the sidewall bulge is just going to be silly which could get in the way of your drive system and you won’t get a flat contact patch. These 80mm+ wide tires fit great on these 70mm hubs I picked up, just have to get a chain gear on them.

1 Like

In my case everything is holding solid without any adapters or extensions. The trucks are solid-core and designed to be longer by 15mm. Hubs have exact mounting for the gear drives so I don’t need any standoffs that also compromise the overall stability of the system. :grinning:

4 Likes

That’s the advantage if you can just fabricate your own parts and make them fit your needs :+1::sweat_smile:

3 Likes