[EU] Custom Liion battery packs from Germany

Welp, 5800km and a lot of abrasive dust/sand in the enclosure did this to the bms in the case:
(which is not really secured, other than maybe being squished down by foam on the lid of the enclosure)

to prevent any further damage, the enclosure and bms have been freed from the dust and a layer of kapton and fishpaper has been added to the bms.

10 Likes

Wow, that’s scary stuff…

Really good work on the batteries! It makes you think the kind of safety factors big companies put into their product when a qualified individual that any government would label as “amateur” can do a so much better job. What other corners do they cut?

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words c:

I think it’s not about what corners they cut, but what is just good enough to not cause too many problems down the road. They do the bare minimum to keep production costs low and just swap the whole battery if there is an issue.
But futuremotion is known for all kinds of weird fuckery… They are completely against right to repair and do everything in their power to prevent 3rd party repair and modding. Not only that, but they’re using non-standard pentalope screws, swapping xt60 polarity and mostly firmware locking.
Us DIYer’s will luckily always find a way to repair and mod these things tho.

2 Likes

No worries if you don’t want to commit publicly with prices all over the place atm, but roughly what do you charge for a 10S2P or 12S4P P42A pack? Trying to plan my non-essential upgrade budget for the next couple of months

2 Likes

Sadly, I can’t ship to Ireland atm… Maybe ask @Anubis or @ApexBoards
Also, these prices constantly change with the situation now in Europe. My given price would probably be different in a week.

2 Likes

Ah I didn’t even think about shipping problems, no worries thanks anyway

2 Likes

Hi Simeon,I got 2 14s2p battery packs laying around, so 56 cells.
I’m not quite sure if all are working but optimally I would like to get 2 10s2p out of it.
Do you also upcycle old battery packs to new ones?
And I would need to have certain measurements because I want to use them a fastwapable batteries.
How much would it roughly cost, for materials, working hours and probably a new bms.

Im based in Hessen germany

DM’d :slight_smile:

1 Like

How much will cost a 12s4p Molicel with Daly BMS?

PM’d :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi
I’m interested in a custom onewheel vesc pack (18-20s 84V smart bms), is that something you would be willing to make?

With Regards

1 Like

Sure :slight_smile:

I’ve recently built a couple of onewheel batteries.
A 20s2p with molicel P26A cells and a 18s2p with molicel P42A cells. Both with Ennoid V3 BMS.

8 Likes

Bought a 20S onewheel pack from @Simeon and can definitely recommend him. Good quality, really well built pack. Friendly and nice to talk to, answered all my silly questions :+1:.

5 Likes

Hello @Simeon,

Ive got a few special requests in terms of packs cells/ most importantl demensions. I already own the BMS’s

Ive got two Luke-E decks im Looking to run one 12s4P with a Flexi BMS + Lead of Misc 5v Accessories (stepdown) and a possiblity to charge the board passivly from Solar Pannels mounted topside of the board.

The second deck for a 10s4P running a DiebieMS

Demensions for the Luke-E deck are a tight squeze gotta remove the top heatsink of my stormcore just to make it fit.
Hoping to Run oldschool Samsugn 30Q considering I run my hubs at 60-80AMP per motor. however not sure there any decent quality 30Q still.

Got a Hummie deck looking to run 12s4P
and Haya v2 deck running 12s4P.

Ive got some old battery brackets as well from my enetion Raptors.
including some 30q cells 2 packs at 10s4p though 1 dead group

Hi there :slight_smile:

This sounds definitely possible. I’ll DM you the details.
For cell choice I won’t use 30q cells tho. I’ve had some shitty cells in my personal packs and have since swapped them all to Molicel packs.

Cheers

1 Like

Anyone who needs batteries in germany and EU get Simeons hand on the cells to build them. These batteries are fucking reliable, withstand any abuse and shock moments. ASK ME HOW I KNOW.

1 Like