ESK8SUPPLY (DIY parts store with fast worldwide shipping) direct drive, 6.1 es controller, batteries, carbon fibre deck etc (updated: 12th Dec)

changed
Thanks for the advice, I have been considering to change the currency to US dollar since it will benefit more people.
We are consistently working in the background on the legal stuff, they are tricky and advice like this do help us, Thanks!:+1:

1 Like

I just liked it, too. Because you’re coming off really poorly here.

5 Likes

This isn’t true either. Very dependent on where you purchase your goods

Considering that the tool is open source, there sure are lot of restrictions for vendors with custom software, we are working to keep the vesc up to date, but really see no need to sometimes as @mmaner said.

Are your prices with or without VAT?

The restriction is: If you want to offer the software, you need to run your own fork with your own branding.

Otherwise VESC Tool would be available from tons of sources in all sort of versions and maybe with malware included.

4 Likes

These seem like rather silly arguments – that are free for you to implement – considering Benjamin gave you the software for free. You are complaining about a free car because the paint is the wrong color. You don’t have to take the car, you can buy your own instead.

4 Likes

I said you don’t get taxed on buying from the main chinese budget brands, they ship from warehouses in Germany and somewhere in the US, not related to my own business or chinese parts in general.

Also, if he has chinese suppliers, one of which is likely Ownboard-Crownwheel, they in my experience have all taken USD.

Yes they are currently withour VAT.
I will take the download link off the powerpoint as well, thanks!

for a UK ‘based’ company this is quite simply insanity - I’m in the UK and right now I tend not to touch £ > $ conversion at all these days #fuck-brexshit

1 Like

Brexit is scary. I don’t wanna pay taxes again.

1 Like

You guys got your ass kicked by them too?

1 Like

?
UK is leaving EU, hence all currencies are on the loose in the UK.
Where are you based? You ask very strange questions you know…

2 Likes

Based in the UK, I know brexit do mean that things may get hectic. I guess we will see how it plays out

No, they just sent a warning without any substance in. They had completely incorrect information.

6 Likes

…I can tell you one thing, UK buyers will not be paying in US $ on a ‘UK website’ lol

4 Likes

To keep esk8supply’s product thread from getting inundated, I’ve created a thread here for vendors to discuss matters that affect them and their customers:

Appreciate it if other vendors voiced their issues there and leave this more for customer comments and questions. Thanks!

7 Likes

yeah thats legit. There was a big fuss about this in the 3D printer world not too long ago. About how china companies are modifying the open source firmware but not releasing the source code

1 Like

Appreciate it! :+1:

I moved the VESC posts to a new thread in order to keep the discussion in this thread pertinent.

8 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes