Esk8supply direct drive Group Buy of 3-6 people USA (elofty direct drives)

No worries :blush:

Does anyone have experience with janux hubs for the direct drives? I would want to know if they worth it etc.

1 Like

Should have these going this weekend.

2 Likes

Check ya drive kV, wouldn’t want to run anything but the 58s with pnumies.

1 Like

They’re 6" right? What’s wrong with running the 70KVs? Lack of torque?

2 Likes

Yeah, you’ll be pushing them too hard to get good accel out of them without an abundance of heat. Unless you go 4wd ofc :metal:

There have been problems with the 75kv TB DD and larger pneumies. To his credit, Dexter does not recommend certain wheels in conjunction with his first gens.

1 Like

Is this for DDs all around? I know Elofty DD are “lower” performing than TB’s so I guess this probably applies.

Only one way to find out though :stuck_out_tongue: I was going to run either a 12S2P or 10S4P and leaning towards the later with pnuemies

1 Like

12s is pretty fast on 6" tires @ 70kv. Better to go 10s, but you still might struggle with heat.

1 Like

Got 4wd 58kv ,:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

6 Likes

Did anyone else with the 90mm wheels have wobbles? Or might mine just have been manufactured on a Monday when QC was still hungover? ^^
@Esk8supply

1 Like

@Esk8supply, would you be able to share the 3D file for the DD adapters? If @avX would also be open to share the file on his Bergmeister adapter, we could cross these over to get a proper adapter for Bergs. In the same turn, we could also make one for TB DDs. Might you guys be open to this idea?

1 Like

@haggyboard.timo

I don’t have the files unfortunately. I can see if I can get it after Chinese New year since everyone is on holiday now :grin:

2 Likes

@ Esk8supply Is there an option for motor covers or something like that and is there an adapter for cloud wheel core or an ABEC adapter fits?

@Esk8supply

2 Likes

Hi can you help.
What was your experience with this set up? What size wheel is it and what kv motors are the DD? Lastly how many amps did you put through each motor? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

With the 145mm haggy’s it was kinda poor on the braking power. I think those were the lower kv ones. I think 58 I don’t remember. I switched to front wheel drive and it kinda worked better but they still got really hot. I ran 45amps I think through them at 12S.

I switched over to the TB110’s and it was much better. However I still kept the FWD as the braking power was still bad. I ended up getting rid of them after a bit and went back to belt drive.

3 Likes

Oh man. Not good! 107mm abecs on 58kv DD work fine for me, but I want to run small 5-6 inch pneumatics to go over crappy roads. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like