ESK8CON 2024 - Vegas April 5th-7th

I don’t think it takes anything away, just adds value, especially for the racers & sport overall.

The amped announcers last year were funny and kept the hype going at the event. It was one of my favorites things about being there and something I’d like to see again.

Food trucks on the other hand, why tf are they charging so much just to show up?

1 Like

If they require an EUC race to show up I say let them stay home.

4 Likes

Esk8con should be about esk8.

However, I think a small amount of representation of other PEV’s is fine. Many of us ride others or have interest in others. And getting more exposure can be fun. Also, EUC racing is in a similar boat to esk8 and a few people race both

3 Likes

Half sold in less than 24 hours. Not bad. I assume some teams snatched up a few passes.

5 Likes

And that’s it. They are all sold out.

2 Likes

I really, really wanted to attend this year but just can’t afford it. I’ve had a few of the legends local to me wanting to fund raise to make it happen to get some more Aussie representation but too late now. I’m super glad @Tasventouras and @sugandese secured some tickets so they’ll still be some very fast racers from Oz :call_me_hand::facepunch:

5 Likes

I think its a pitty that for such a big event it needs to be capped at 100. From what I remember, if it would be possible to at least go qualification with some automated timing and multiple people on the track it would shave off considerable amount of time that could be used for the race.

Or is there some other limitation that I am not aware off except the amount of time needed?

4 Likes

Time is absolutely the problem. Qualifying 100 people in 1 day is a huge deal especially on a short track. I don’t think they have the budget or staff for an automated system

6 Likes

If we found you a ticket would y’all still try to fundraise to get your butt over here? Would love to see you race.

3 Likes

I see, I will check with Mike how its looking.

1 Like

If you go then I have to go aswell :smiley:

1 Like

Definitely willing to help to make that happen if possible. We do races here in Czechia and we are able to run qualification for 80-100 people in one hour.

2 Likes

@Tony_Stark wyd? Will we see the mach 1 in Vegas?

3 Likes

I might be able to bring mine down for people to try if it arrives in time, although the ETA is mid 2024.

Would still love to see @Tony_Stark show up at esk8con though.

6 Likes

Still hanging onto hope that you’ll make it dude. There needs to be a Brady Jeffy Mario showdown

2 Likes

Radium team is saving up to be there with 4 mach ones and a Dylan. Its going to be so expensive but yolo

10 Likes

There’s a wait list now too!

Ooooh shiiiit. Lesss gooo. Nice can’t wait to see y’all. The way you say you’re bringing Dylan, makes Dylan sound like a Pokémon I don’t know why lol.

I took this as they’re bringing a DW III board, but perhaps that isn’t right?

Dylan Bell - possibly the most powerful pokemon in esk8

13 Likes

Do you think pokemon magically lose mass when they’re inside of a pokeball? Like that pokeball with a snorelax inside of it should weigh 8,000 lbs, no?

Also, my childhood lost a little bit of shine when I realized that the tv show and the slogan “gotta catch em all” were literally just a marketing ploy to encourage children to purchase more pokemon cards, so that they could have all the pokemon.

I did catch all 151 on gameboy red though. I even got that mother fucker mew with the duplication hack from a buddy.

My point is Dylan would fit in his pokeball in a carryon, but your bags would be over the weight limit…

7 Likes