Esk8Con 2023! | The 2nd Annual Esk8Con

There are also rides planned for Wednesday and Thursday for people coming early. I’ll be arriving Friday and will be attending that group ride

2 Likes

In case anyone hadn’t heard, they made it look even more like Laguna Seca and added a chicane on the main straight to slow things down a little. I wonder if this was for insurance or just general safety reasons, it makes it a bit safer since people will have a much lower average speed throughout the lap but also means that it will be a very technical track with 160 feet being the longest continuous straight.

3 Likes

The main points were listening to the pro riders and reducing the speed

At i2S AZ, mboards team was there when Brandon hit 48 on the straight. Bending the straight evens out the ground for many other boards

4 Likes

Wait so the second drawing is what the track actually looks like now?

No, I saw it and said it looks like Laguna seca raceway so then I put Laguna in Microsoft paint and smoshed it since it looks like what they posted.

They haven’t released an updated track map afaik but just imagine a chicane in the middle of the back straight.

1 Like

Looks like a good crowd

13 Likes

Please have a demo board, please have a demo board, please have a demo board, please have a demo board.

I’m excited to see the rest of them too but Raith has always really interested me. They popped up, demolished the world record and I haven’t heard of them since. I know its mostly rider skill (I bet Skyart could have a board that can do 140kph by the end of the week) but I still think they are super cool. Have they delivered any boards yet?

And does anyone know if SRB will have a demo v5 or something, I’ve always wanted to try one?

4 Likes

Pretty damn legit esk8 vendor roster.

6 Likes

@MoeStooge yall going to have a demo?

2 Likes

Might not want to make all the other boards look bad :laughing:
/s? idek

Stoogeboard is basically an F1 car. You can be driving a Ferrari and your jaw will drop when it zooms by.

2 Likes

Will have a pro level prepped NorthCamp, V-5 and 36" V-4 in the quiver.

David Bonde will be racing our house board. 

What ever he is not hot lapping should be
available to take for a whirl, Hit me up.

My primary focus will be racing support for the weekend.

10 Likes

Daaamn that looks like a low running Northcamp :star_struck:

1 Like

The esk8 community has such a selective short memory. Next week it’ll be beers with potter.

I’m just speaking for me, but I would argue the esk8 community - the extremely invested ones like those on this forum - have a strong ability to show grace to those who after messing up demonstrate remorse, contrition, and take action to do better.

I guess it would be important to know who or what specifically you’re talking about to determine if this applies here.

5 Likes

I’m guessing, but possibly this?
https://forum.esk8.news/t/f-k-mike-beard-and-mboard-in-the-a/12009

2 Likes

I assumed this is about M Boards, in which case my comment applies, but I don’t want to just assume.

Also that link is a 404 for me.

1 Like

Who are we having beers with this week?

Now how the fuck can he dramatically vague post if he explains himself?

6 Likes

Oh that. That’s been a minute though. What @ChrisLips said.

2 Likes

I shit on Mike Beard in the past as much as anyone, and at the time, with good reason. But to be fair, Mike has dug himself out of the shitty vendor hole, and is doing positive things like putting together esk8con. He did the work to right the ship. :clap:

16 Likes