ESK8 v Analog SK8 poll

This poll will serve as the 100% accurate and reliable source of info for what portion of the esk8 community is made up of people who actually skateboard on real analog skateboards

Do you or have you ever considered yourself a Skateboarder (street, park, pipe, downhill, ldp, … analog )
  • Yes. Skateboarder
  • No. Esk8 only

0 voters

9 Likes

This is cool. I just got back into push boards a little bit ago. I wonder how the split would look between “do you” and “have you ever” would look like as well. For me esk8 completely replaced push skate for a while and I wouldn’t have considered my self a normal skateboarder. I wonder how many other people are like that.

1 Like

Wheres the option for both?

Nvm; just re read the prompt.

1 Like

I started on mountainboards, then hit esk8, then gave analog skating a go. I’d probably cut analog skating out entirely if I didn’t need to keep the dad bod at bay. The loaded hubs push fine and give me emergency brakes

1 Like

Surf > esk8 > analog

Started surfing in early 80’s, then skating shortly after.
Esk8 last October

2 Likes

Snowboard > analog > esk8

But I’d never “consider myself a skateboarder” in the spirit of your question, I was only an analog skater long enough to hurt myself going downhill and thought, “theres’s got to be a better way”

Also I was in my 40’s.

2 Likes

“fake analog skateboards”

^^ im just joking please don’t bite me this guy is badass

3 Likes

that’s just an esk8. “fake analog”

should have snapshotted. yesterday. started out 1/4. then analog skate grew. now esk8 only grew overnight. interesting.

I actually find those that went straight to esk8 somewhat impressive. seems like you have to rush learn some basics as speed comes easily. :smiley:

3 Likes

I started on a Onewheel, then discovered longboarding, the eskating.
I do all of it still and love all aspects of it.

6 Likes

Wild the Onewheel was first. And then got you into esk8.

2 Likes

I started skateboarding in the late 80s.
And street skated and then skateparks into my 30s.

Skateboarder is definitely how I always identified myself and friends and everything…

Getting a real job, and getting fat made me enjoy the skatepark less and less, and I was going maybe 3 times a year…

At one point I could no longer kick flip on flat ground and that signified some kind of death…

Then about 8 years ago I found Esk8 and it resurrected me, and I was back to skateboarding every day.

With the help of some kind of motor.

But nonetheless skateboarding every day.

A few years back I got Onewheels which are super neat. Ride those everyday too.

And last year I got an EUC mostly for ergonomic reasons.
Also fun to ride.

With all that.
I don’t really ride analog boards really at all.

Esk8 is my favorite out of the PEVs.

And my Flux is my favorite vibe!!!

10 Likes

Yeah well I thought let’s do it the other way round like every one else does it.
I dunno, I saw the Onewheel and had to have it and I loved every second of it, I bought it in autumn 2019 and as soon as spring started in 2020 I rode about 1500km in three months alone.
I later thought „huh, a skateboard might be nice“ but longboards were better for me and my big feet.
Then I thought „huh, an eskate might be nice“ and I had a bit of money so I bought a Lacroix and I haven’t looked back since lol.

4 Likes

This is almost exactly the same way I went, started with an og pint in 2019, put like 3k miles on it, over 100 a week at times, got into eskate early 2022, and got into analog like 6 months ago. Eskate is definitely my favorite though.

3 Likes

That’s crazy, we have identical time lines im just shifted 2 years back

3 Likes

I rode normal boards around town but nothing over 10 mph til esk8, Now I have 4 Esk8s and 2 regular boards.

That being said I did get into downhill longboarding after my first esk8 which helped tremendously with speed (obviously)

3 Likes

more data more stable ratio. 100% science perfect. Statistician approved

1 Like

In the early days, the boosted days, the split was 80/20 in Seattle with 80% having never skated before trying electric. The brakes gave many confidence the did not have in trying analog. A few then did eventually add one or more analog boards to their quiver. If memory serves correctly, @bboybowzer began on a boosted

4 Likes

I didn’t go “straight” into Esk8, I did push longboard for about a year at college

Then I went to Esk8. Never rode a popsicle deck for more than like 5 mins tho

2 Likes