ESK8 & the environment

You missed the point and shut the discussion down before it even started. Can you follow a diff thread and mute yourself it would be great to hear from others.

1 Like

Hmm :thinking: im thinking what can go through that :joy:

I bet that’s quite heavy

1 Like

60 lbs :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Dude that’s insane! Where did you get the metal from? Was it ‘trash’ at one point? :wink:

1 Like

Possibly! I’m not sure where sendcutsend gets their steel from. I use “trash” to cushion components on my builds sometimes

1 Like

Maybe wrong place to tell you, but I just checked out your build!!! that is sick AF!!!

2 Likes

haha thanks, I’ll try to add something about the environment below.

How do you guys dispose of dead cells? I have a box full of them and dont know were to take them and how I should prep them before heading over.

1 Like

There was a company in the UK that revives dead cells or something like that -did you come across anything like that?

I saw those in my searches but my cells are donezo. Fully utilized and of no use to anyone anymore

1 Like

There are generally battery recycling points at some areas in BestBuys and Staples, otherwise no idea.

1 Like

I’ll call my local bestbuy, thanks!

1 Like

Home Depot has a box just inside their entrance for cell recycling

He probably feels that way because you used such a ridiculous scenario as an argument point lmao

No one has nails going through their enclosure, in fact, the only enclosures that break around here are usually the crappy ones lol and usually its extenuating circumstances

Esk8 is already a “green” hobby. I wouldn’t feel comfortable using ‘trash’ for any of my components. Maybe if there was recycled material grip tape… or like

Yeah that’s all lol

1 Like

Never said people have nails going through enclosures, I just said it can happen which it can and it doesn’t have to be a nail it can be a rock denting the enclosure starting a fire which is a plausible scenario. And I said that in response to someone saying ‘we don’t build batteries that can catch fire’.

Is it that ridiculous to make ESK8 wheels out of repurposed materials? Which can be called ‘trash’ or just repurposed material?

I mean I still have to disagree I don’t think anyone’s battery has caught on fire from that

But anyway, I don’t know if it’s ridiculous, there’s just too many high risk components where you could die if it failed lol that’s like saying you want to make a motorcycle with repurposed materials

Again though for esk8, maybe not the greatest idea because our wheels see so much stress in high risk situations

You can only push like 15mph on skateboard wheels, and they are a completely different hardness. I’m not actually sure if you can recycle urethane, maybe recycled rubber wheels would be possible

1 Like

Well I guess the durability and resistance is all that matter, if someone can make wheels out of repurposed material and they can show me the science that these are just as durable and resistant as normal street wheels I’m all for it.

You have to consider comfort and grip too since that’s two of the main factors going into buying esk8 wheels

It is an interesting proposition

Of course and you have to consider weight and sliding friction as well and everything else but if you can show me that they have the same as all those I don’t care what it’s made out of.

I think if u crash ur board into a concrete wall at 30mph it’s as likely to catch fire if the box on bottom is anything other than magic.

There’s a lot of recyclable plastic that could be reformed to make a box on bottom. Always wanted to do that. Not gunna be as strong as fiberglass but will flex nicely with the deck and if you hit that wall at 30mph it’s perfect

1 Like

I mean im interested in the wheel idea, chewing gum is a polymer… I dont get why people chew chewing gum anyways :rofl:

1 Like

I think that was the whole idea :bulb: behind this experiment the students did in France. I’d love to see what comes of it

2 Likes