Esk8 safety: What helmets and gears should you use for electric skateboards?

Dont know why people get those helmets

5 Likes

How did that happen? :see_no_evil: hope you’re doing alright tho

Haha not me, another guy in a group. The face protection isn’t actually protection. it’s just for show

4 Likes

Ah yeah, but how did that happen? Faceplant?

Yes sir

2 Likes

You ever find ya helmet?

1 Like

Dude such a bummer :confused:

It’s just a helmet for posers… I was almost gonna shell out some serious dough for it till I saw this review thankfully.

3 Likes

What full face helmets can booze still be easily drank through? Fox ProFrame is a no-go. Does a TSG Pass with the visor up give enough room?

3 Likes

why arent you filling a hydration pack with your booze?

1 Like

Asking lifes important questions, for science!

4 Likes

Krazy straws

3 Likes

Maybe add a tube that feeds straight to your mouth from your backpack?
Not recommending drink and ride though :wink:

3 Likes

What are your guys’ thoughts on the Giro Switchblade? I saw a great deal on one where I couldn’t help but pull the trigger on it.

@Arzamenable

Maybe Rob to test it ? :grinning:

3 Likes

@klaus79856

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

He’s happy with the eBay leathers. Maybe I’ll give it a spin.

I’m going to check your pack and trucks and pack them away in case international travel is locked down till the fall. No worries. Sorry u can’t ride that thing.

:call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Highly recommend there tsg knee pads. They are just 4 weeks old, are holding up well and can take a beating. I’ve also got the matching elbow pads.

I might also get the tsg wrist pads, keen to know if anyone here has them and what they think.

2 Likes

[quote=“torqueboards, post:24, topic:14963, full:true”]
This D3O stuff is crazy.[/quote]
D3O is outstanding. That’s what I have inside my MC sport-touring gear. One of the best things about their protective pads are that they are soft & flexible…and then, upon impact, they become hard, absorbing an incredible amount of the impact “energy”. You’ll find a huge number of motocross riders who rely of these to help save their lives when in a crash.

1 Like

Since my last helmet did its job.

I’ve ordered Leatt 8.5. Never used them before but heard good things about them. And it looks amazing plus you get Googles when you order a helmet.

3 Likes

Agreed and if you want knee pads with both hard shell + inner d3o you wanna check REKD protective gear. They also do for elbows.

It’s a French brand (met one of the guys behind the testing at Marseille, works in a skate shop) and gives quite a steady support while still allowing mobility (I do inline remember so I need to be able to “run”).

For gloves I recommend looking on Furygan side too! Biker pads FTW. Nice leather, pretty comfy to wear in my experience.