ESK8 Racing needs our help to grow

You know plenty. You’re one hell of a talent on a really really fast board. What you are doing is not easy and pretty dam entertaining. My advice is don’t get discouraged, keep an open mind. If you find yourself wrong, figure it out. For me racing isn’t about the win, it’s the journey getting to the win. I’m a fan of @FastBoard . Hope is to see you guys step into the arena and bring it. :checkered_flag:

13 Likes

https://www.xerace.com/?fbclid=IwAR3AKQwOhAZkndcU7bHlEI3aB1KXWyqe4hU5oHys6PLPdo9t3NaX8ELq4Eg

3 Likes

These guys in Czechia are making it happen. Doing things we need to do. Setting the bar.

10 Likes

I want to ride that course so badly…

1 Like

From our very own @Esk8_Spirit

7 Likes

is that a go-kart track ? Looks fun

1 Like

Need a race like this in the U.S, tucking would make a huge difference X1 RACE 2019 - sponsored by EXWAY - YouTube

2 Likes

Czech podium

3 Likes

Ill say this,ive never had the opportunity to take my board on any track before but i personally feel like Pevs would benefit alot more on much bigger tracks that cars or motorcycles ride on. Having a small go kart short circuit track with constant tight turns is nice and all but i feel like PEV racing as a whole would shine a bit more on a much larger track. That way u can really open up ur throttle and not have so many close end tight turns to do all the time. And itll show outsiders how much potential PEV racing has as a sport and professional racing league. Like Go kart tracks are perfect for slower Pevs and one wheels but stuff that can easily do 0-30 in 4sec should have much more freedom and space to do so by riding on a real track rather then a small go kart track.

5 Likes

I’m not sure so sure, big tracks call for big crowd of racers to fill the track (I mean +50 and above in same cluster) and bigger speeds ! Any moderate setup will be instant dust and also look boring to watch for bystanders, same if you put only 15-20 guys in the same race on a wide fast track.

Go kart tracks make the fast acceleration bursts to moderate speeds look fast and dynamic at the same time, and it looks pretty technical and engaging from the rider POV too… all while allowing smaller clusters which make it more manageable.

5 Likes

@Vanarian i dont feel like u need to have a super large group of riders to fill a big track or to make that race interesting because it more so dwindles down to how accurate riders are at holding lines taking apexes and stuff like that which is more exciting then seeing a gmod clusterfuck of riders 3" apart from one another one mistake away from a pile up. Which is usually wat i expect from larger groups like that. U can get that same dynamic engaging POV of small groups of riders fighting for the lead on a larger more open track similarly to a smaller space strained track.But that really comes down to which u prefer to see when watching races. For me again i find way more enjoyment in cameras panning over a small group of 2 - 5 riders in any racing event fighting for the lead rather then constant clusters of riders swarming around each other making it hard for me to really get excited because im more so worried about which rider is gonna fuck up and cause a massive accident rather then whos gonna make a sick play and overtake someone on a line or apex.

In saying all this i understand ur perspective on smaller tracks making quick accelerations and fast reaction times being the deciding factor on who can take 1st on this very small technical course but i feel like that same enjoyment can also come from a larger but still equally as technical track that gives primarily higher powered PEVs to really show the kinda hp they packing inside there enclosures.

4 Likes

I agree with this. In my limited experience, a shorter track can help level the playing field a bit and promote closer competition where good technique becomes a key differentiator.

It’s also a lot more demanding. There’s less time to rest. The constant hard acceleration, hard braking and weight-shifting can get really tiring really quickly so physical condition also plays a much bigger part.

And since my technique needs improvement and my condition is poor, I was ready to collapse at this point:

I mean, I’m not actually skating here. I’m just falling to the floor.

8 Likes

I’m with you on this one. We had a motocross course in Colorado and it was a nice in between. Every go kart track race I watch gets so slow and clustered at the corners… It feels like everyone is blocking eachother. A bit wider of a track and you can pass safely without having to worry about a wheel clipping another rider.

Certainly agree that too wide of a course and it’s boring though. A good blend of speed and technical turns is ideal.

4 Likes

indeed i cant tell u how many vids i watch of ppl with improperly setup boards ride on a go kart track,attempt to take a harsh sharp turn and miss it and nearly fall off,bail or fall off followed by like 2 or 3 other ppl about to run into em or run into em XD

4 Likes

Going fast in a straight line takes no skill, maybe if drafting is involved a bigger course could be fun. But smaller courses with challenging turns makes it less pay to win. A course line maryhill is a perfect middle ground tbh, also spec racing makes things different

1 Like

As for - Going fast in a straight line takes no skill - It is surprising how few people can do it…

We have a saying, “Carving if for riders that cannot go fast in a straight line”

13 Likes

I totally agree with this. It doesn’t take much skill to DRIVE in a straight line, but it’s not the same on a board.

5 Likes

Actually even driving fast in a straight line, like really fast, is not really for every chap either, between the torque, wind/aero, road irregularities etc… Not losing speed or traction can be challenging!

7 Likes

I like how this topic went from talking about circuit style racing to drag style racing regarding riding in a straight line and i will say like others said depending on speed on straight line portion of a circuit track or drag racing scenarios it does take skill as Vanarian perfectly described all the issues that come with straight line riding. Even on a track going from taking corners to hammering it down a straight line to then quickly slowing down to get ready for the next turn can definitely mess up a few riders because of the sudden shift in riding stances you have to take. And you see in all forms of racing of ppl just not prepared for that sudden change in goin from a straight line to taking a corner which results in them riding of track and missing the turn.

Actually happened to me XD once doing a fun little practice ride with some friends after a group ride in a big parking empty lot. From starting point to the 1st turn i was fine, then it was a long straight into a 90 degree left or heel side turn and when we all was approaching that 2nd turn my brain was still fixated on gunning it in a straight line even though i was fully aware that we had the 2nd turn coming up and i wind up missing the turn and lost the lead because of it.

4 Likes

Lol the fact of the matter is, it is hard overall. I’ve not been on a track yet, but I can imagine both are equally hard when you’re going from one to another in a loop

3 Likes