Esk8.news community charity auction #1 FEB 20 (SERIOUS)

Not at the moment, Im at work.

Can we not get into this please. Let’s try to get the project finished. We all put effort into making it happen. It would be a shame to abort it and arguing about unrelated stuff is not helping.

5 Likes

@mmaner When you have a minute, it would be great if you could tell us what we have and what’s missing. Maybe just put everything on a pile and take a pic. Then we can think together how to best finish it and find someone who has the time to execute it.

1 Like

I would be happy to build this if we have enough parts.

I can also build a battery for this if needed, though that would require dollars. If all we are missing is a battery and a drivetrain, I have a boosted drivetrain right here that I can put on it.

What would everyone like to see regarding how the actual auction is held? Not sure if @Brenternet is still planning to run the auction or not.

We should probably also loop in @longhairedboy to see if he’s still cool with this happening, as last I checked there was a “no auctions” rule on this forum, and I want to make sure we wont be getting anyone in trouble.

8 Likes

If Brent doesn’t get back I’ll give him a shout.
Not seen him for a min, he’s just up the road though.

6 Likes

Straight up selling a board is fine. Auctions are in a questionable area, raffles are a no-no. I don’t really know for sure though exactly how questionable auctions would be.

6 Likes

Yeah iirc there was a ton of facebook groups that popped up some years ago doing car part raffles and they all got shut down for being illegal gambling. lol. auction might not be an issue.

5 Likes

This is a cool offer, there was offers of cell donations too on this or a linked thread. Given the components are kind of circa 2017 maybe be someone still has cells they don’t want like 25R…nothing wrong with them.

I have a 10s but in EU

1 Like

This everything I have. There was a chubby remote too, but I can’t lay hands on it right now. If I can’t find it I’ll include a new mini remote.

6 Likes

https://forum.esk8.news/t/thoughts-on-kaly-raffle-and-mystery-charity/10504/22

:wink:

2 Likes

I’m always late to the game. I didn’t read though it all, but did you guys land a deck for this project yet? I have some extra bamboo :blush:

3 Likes

well since the forum is run by me and I’m in florida, i have to assume florida law applies. I could be waaay off base there but if that is the case, we actually need a licensed auctioneer and it must be conducted by a licensed auction business.

This is not an auction business, and i don’t think anyone here is a licensed Florida auctioneer, so i think auctions are out too.

womp womp.

4 Likes

What about silent auctions. They are used by charities everywhere aren’t they?

charities have a lot of exceptions because they are non-profit organizations and have paper work certifying them as such. This isn’t that either.

edit: if we could just form the First Church Of Lord Skatan, which my understanding is its easier than most people think, then we could probably do raffles at least.

6 Likes

I don’t mind being part of a cult😂

7 Likes

Seems like a reasonable assessment to me. Bummer

1 Like

I’m down for loopholes though. I think this place is missing a lot of fun when we can’t have raffles and shit. Givaways are ok, sales are ok, but competitive purchasing and forms of gambling are out until we find some kind of plugin or platform that relieves us of liability.

3 Likes

Is it still gambling if the build will be sold in a one off “Make me an offer” sale?

4 Likes

I wonder if there’s any loopholes like in the realm of internet sales. If my business makes an Internet sale in a state other than one I have a physical presence in there’s no sales tax.

Surely in this expensive ass hobby we have a lawyer or six?

1 Like

Becoming a non-profit isn’t too incredibly difficult. A short-cut is to become a subsidiary of another non-profit.

4 Likes