Esk8 gore thread

Post it. I’ll start with some fresh material.

4 Likes

17 Likes

poor little thing

1 Like

4 Likes

7 Likes

14 Likes

5 Likes

A month ago I was trying to “repair” a pack for a local. I didn’t take many pics before ripping it apart because I was in a rush to disarm the bomb.

Cold solder, solder on cells, scary welds, held together only by welds in some places, converted from 4P to 6P really sketchily, and so much more fun stuff.

He wouldn’t cough up the cash to let me build him an entirely new battery so I did what i could and built a new pack out of the seemingly good cells. Somehow its still working for him despite the terribly abused cells in it.

12 Likes

Holy shit

Good on you, that thing surely would have gone up in flames.

3 Likes

The guy i got it from said he had it all tested by someone and they traced it back to the battery but couldnt find a see what the fault was with the battery.

Jokes!!

5 Likes

Who needs grub screws? Just put a D-Shaft in there!

mmmmm torque

7 Likes

Isn’t there like a sleeve on the inside? How the fuck did you manage that xD

Haha these were motors I got from Torqueboards in 2017. They eliminated the grub screws and used a press fit D shaft instead. Obviously the hardened steel quickly deformed the soft aluminum after just a few rides.

To their credit, they took them back and sent new motors with grub screws.

2 Likes

This is an Ecomobl motor that was impossible to take apart due to seized/warped pins. Cut it open to salvage the gears and bearings. Nightmare of a motor design, and the copper wiring looked like it was done by a kid…

3 Likes

4 Likes

7 Likes

what the fuck

3 Likes

:face_with_spiral_eyes::face_with_spiral_eyes::face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

2 Likes

These batteries bring me back to 2017