Esk8 gore thread

3 Likes

I’d like to see more ghetto put-togethers.

Check out that diwhy thread

1 Like

Not to mention the worse diy thread.

1 Like

Dammit that’s the one I wanted. Good shit in both though tbh.

Hug it out?

1 Like

Always.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Public chat - talk about everything with everyone

What happens when you ride in all weather conditions including (but not limited to): Rain, flooded roads, snow, sleet, and that mushy crap you get on the roads after they’ve been salted.

The rotor was so stuck on that it took two people + some creative methods to remove. Everything has since been cleaned and is almost working like new again. Just need to clean under the magnets and glue them back in to get it back to 100%

4 Likes

Nice. If you’re already in there I’d change the bearings too.

2 Likes

Unfortunately the bearings are non removable with the tools I have on hand. Too tight of a fit to get them off even when the bearing was stuck on the stator and wasn’t inside the rotor. That bearing has since decided to get stuck in the rotor and I couldn’t them to budge at all when trying to pry them out.

I did completely clean them all out and added new grease for both motors. Made a lot more of a difference than I thought it would. The people online that claim that replacing a bearing or cleaning out an older bearing won’t make a difference are so wrong. My top speed before cleaning was 21 mph but now it is back to 25 mph and will likely increase again after fully fixing the “bad” motor.

Here is was the good motor’s rotor before cleaning

I didn’t take more pics of it since it wasn’t that bad compared to the other motor
Also here is how well the “bad” motor cleaned up:

4 Likes