ESK8 Forum Universal Heatsink | Supports Most Major ESCs

Awesome. Good to know

is unity more centered? or also offset the same?

1 Like

I still do not know the offset on stormcore, but unity offset it so little. Seem like only 1mm. I should have spent the extra on analog calipers, my digital ones are dead so I am going off the written numbers

designs a badass new aluminum heatsink

calipers have dead battery

That’s like writing a computer program on only an analog typewriter

4 Likes

haha. I will use heatsink money for nice ass pair of calipers. Usually we would have robotics everyday, I would just do it there.

1 Like

I think it should be called InfinitySink

3 Likes

goddamn, these are all so good. InfinitySink is my fav so far, sounds slick. After I become sane again (still checking holes), I will decide lol

Good thing about 2 piece design is it does allow mods or redrilling of the mounting plate to suit other (future) escs without extra holes being visible on the exterior plate. Infinite compatibility!

3 Likes

It isn’t quite as good as before with the counter sinks, but yea future ESCs are possible with a counter sink plate. Honestly in the future I can just do another run

Are the counter bores in the mounting plate or the back of the top plate?

1 Like

bottom of the top plate

right, so wouldn’t really be useful for future ESCs, so you would have to use a counter sunk mount plate.

I figured socket heads were worth the trade off

1 Like

Socket heads FTW
Prolly still DIYable with a bit of care if needed.

1 Like

oh yeah for sure. Anyone comfortable (and careful) with the right drill bits can do it reasonably easily.

1 Like

Where does the gasket go?

1 Like

I have moved it over a bit to reduce offset. But gasket for what?

1 Like

I might be overthinking this, but better centering would be better for sealing. :man_shrugging:t2:

/edit unless that happens on the cover plate.

1 Like

it is a bit more centered now. I just can’t push unity to far the other way

1 Like

also the gasket goes on the other side, maybe I am missing what you are talking about?

1 Like

Yeah, never mind me, forge ahead.

1 Like

I can’t seem to find the info I need, but when is the expected delivery date on these? Roughly a month or so?

2 Likes