ESK8 Forum Universal Heatsink | Supports Most Major ESCs

Are the mounting holes in the center on the 60d?

1 Like

Veritable gold.

Don’t sweat it, most humans don’t get @kook’s sense of humour.

5 Likes

haha for sure.

3 Likes

seriously @surfnacho can’t you find the humor here?

2 Likes

looks centeredish to me, a bit offset. I will try to fix. The unity is very slightly offset also, but because it is smaller it fits just fine

That there needs a calliper.

2 Likes

This is not my stormcore, I can ask skyart.

1 Like

Just saying, great products don’t just back themselves into greatness. Those holes are definitely not centered.

2 Likes

lol, that is why I added the ish. I should have taken that into account

1 Like

@malJohann

I have asked for that dimension. But yes it will be offset a bit.

Are these the stormcore mounting holes in the circle? Because I was wondering if it was centered in the way of my arrows… I guess we just accidentally found out it wasn’t centered the other way too
InkedInked95207ccaa48ab186ea58b9d7a89202f005db8499_2_690x493_LI

1 Like

right, so I should have accounted for that. The holes on the heatsink are centered, while the stormcore has offset holes. so the esc will sit a bit offset. I will fix that for next time

edit: I am working to fix this, or at least make it less of an issue

2 Likes

Does it still fit within the footprint though?

2 Likes

ok, I have a bit of time. I need dimensions, I can fix

1 Like

I think I may switch to the two mounting holes on the edge to keep it totally centered.

2 Likes

What is anticounterbore?

1 Like

haha, wasn’t really sure what to call it. I have a counterbore on the opposite side so the head can be concealed. Maybe just a “counter bore” but on opposite side idk. I changed it to avoid confusion

@BillGordon @mmaner can one of you guys split this, and add to the dev thread. Probs shouldn’t have opened this one until manufacturing begins.

2 Likes

@JoeyZ5 @malJohann

The great @sofu was able to test dual storm core. Does this offset seem fine to you guys? I’d rather not change it because it is the same holes as unity

2 Likes

That’s fine for me.

1 Like