Esk8 Convention 2022

80/20 it happens

1 Like

Seems like there is a lot of shade being thrown on this convention and exhibiting is guilt by association. Am I reading this thread correctly? Just short of an Enertion revival tent?

7 Likes

Going through this thread because I was searching for another convention thread that doesn’t seem to exist yet (Electrify Austin). Before I got on this forum I bought some stuff from the guy (battery, enclosure, motors, etc.). I used their customer service for some issues that I had, both text and email, and they responded on the weekend within a couple hours. I can’t speak about their policies but responsiveness was pretty good. I also sent them a very long winded email about product improvements and they actually responded pretty well to it, they added some disclaimers/information to their website and took down a video. Can’t speak for things that happened in the past or long term quality of products but I would say I had an overall ok experience with them.

Obviously I wasn’t around when all the bad shit went down so I can’t speak to past experiences though. Sounds like some people really got shafted.

2 Likes

I intend on going, in good faith, with my actual YouTube camera setup, and make some content.

As for the shade, my personal opinion of MBoards isn’t high. Not necessarily from their past, but from what they sent to a customer recently, the lack of care in what they sell, and a potentially dangerous product.

Their inexperience and seeming refusal to do real research in their product offerings doesn’t make the company look like a great entity to spearhead a fresh and complicated event.

7 Likes

I read it as a lot of doubt & caution, given who is organizing. Are you familiar with Mboards, the company that is throwing the event?

Care to expand what you mean?

If anyone needs context for my doubt of MBoards to do things right in the eskate sphere, please see my recently posted thread on their flagship product:

5 Likes

^ I was about to say - we’ve got an example of MBoards continued lack of quality and customer service obfuscation right now live and in the flesh

when the going gets ugly, the ugly get going

1 Like

I was thinking about doing the same thing, I mostly just want to meet Alan and hang out with some people though

Same, I also have not had any personal experience with them

Unfortunate that they continue to be sloppy though, what with their presumably still significant amount of sales going on

An attempt at a joke

10 Likes

… should be somewhere else, and do it right.

if people pay to get in and vendors pay to get in. he’ll have made the money. the event can suck after that. unless we think he’s running it at a loss in the hopes to make it up in sales on the floor.

does sound like people would really like a convention without contributing funds and credibility to someone who’s got a rep for screwing people over repeatedly.

Anyhow it is gaining traction on social media. Maybe there should be a free event elsewhere in Los Vegas run by the rest of the locals at the same time. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

oh… and i forgot to mention.

Fuck this place makes crazy long threads.

yes. yes please.

5 Likes

maybe when damon wakes up from the coma these fuckers put him in.

2 Likes

This actually legitimizes things quite a bit.

10 Likes

I think they’re sending @jack.luis lol

2 Likes

Yeah I saw that there today

Superbeast is going too

3 Likes

“Esk8 Con” - definitely not a con

11 Likes

Esk8 con = Enriching a con

2 Likes

Yes, I will be there.

If 18sproto is gonna be there then I’m 100% bringing the Roci to race lol