Esk8 confessional

The hub caps will work fine so long as it can still block the sleeve from coming off. I’ve ridden mine with chunks of metal missing due to them getting beaten up by road debris without any issues.

I would try switching to the new sleeves and seeing if the noise goes away first since I have never had mine make that noise and it seems like it could be from the sleeves. Not 100% sure though

Also cheap china made hub motors are what I have too and they are still working despite plenty of abuse over more than 2 years. :rofl: Well designed cheap china hubs are near indestructible

1 Like

Here’s a video that might convey the audible issue

This is after changing sleeves. Seems to only be the right motor. I don’t have new sleeves just another set of used ones.

Would this have anything to do with the grey grease-like substance I found between the sleeve and the hub?

1 Like

Are magnets hitting the stator?

Do you see any scratches or buffed smooth areas?

No idea

Nope

1 Like

Pic of unsleeved hub for reference

1 Like

I strangely like them, they feel great, even if I’d love to have more bunshing options

1 Like

The harder I work the behinder I get.

Yeah i don’t mind them, nothing wrong with them as long as they don’t stop making bushings for them :rofl:

Wait aren’t seismic trucks the kind with a spring and cam system? What triangular bushing are you referring to?

Seismic AEON trucks. The bushings are triangular rather than round

1 Like

They have one “channel truck” and one “street truck”

1 Like

1 Like

I learned a new thing just now.

Sorry, didn’t stay on my pc for long yesterday

That is just the sleeve getting damaged by the metal hub. Based on this photo:

Your hub uses the same style for the sleeve grooves as mine which have the downside of destroying the sleeves over time. So long as they don’t blow out and just the grooves get bigger then they can still be used. Just might want to super glue the hub to the motor and then assemble like normal.

That noise is a bit odd though and something does seem to be messed up. You need to remove the inner screws, get a hammer out and tap that inside hub cap off. Once removed you can just firmly pull the rotor off the strator. Hammer won’t work though since you have to keep pulling it without stopping or else the magnets pull themselves back into place.

The post photos so I can help. Or just DM me if you want

1 Like

Ahh, the 'ol motor disassembly procedure. I was hoping to avoid this but I guess motor bearings do go eventually… And with all the salt on the roads recently…

Will post stator pics when I can. I was really hoping this was a sleeve interface issue.

1 Like

pfffft

mama aint raise no bitch here,
#dirtygang

Dirt, mud, water, whatever that’s all fine.

Salt is hella corrosive oxidizer though. Especially the shit they use to keep ice from forming.

2 Likes

still #nocleangang

1 Like

I’d say you have a good year or so before the salt causes issues. It speeds up corrosion but hub motors are usually sealed up fairly well.

If you just post the photos tag me in the post to make sure I see them faster

2 Likes

Anyone else read their unread threads from least # of notifications to most?

1 Like