Esk8 confessional

I wouldn’t think that not one of 7958433317 people would agree with you. Someone, somewhere, always agrees, no matter how whack. Sample size it simply too large.

1 Like

I got an e scooter so I don’t always have to to paranoid with my illegal esk8.

It only lasted 1 week until I upgraded it to 3kW 45km/h

3 Likes

Upgraded via the esk8 way of not being legal or insured as motorcycle with proper insurance and license?

I’ve been riding my evolve with a loaded deck recently while I perfect my diy, and I’ve actually grown to like it for it’s sue case. It’s slow and unstable AF but because of that it’s great for just flowing around a street barely faster than a bicycle. Basically an e dancer board.

I completely replaced all internals with esk8 parts and added a second motor. Dual VESC and 12s3p P42A
Im not sure if it’s as illegal as an esk8 but pretty close :see_no_evil:
At least it looks legal if I’m going slow.

But I hate scooters. Fucking handlebars…

7 Likes

Is the scooter originally fitted with ABE and everything that’s needed to be legal? (Insurance and plate etc)

Yes the base Modell has a Germany legal VIN and it has ensurance and a license plate. The metr profile makes it only go 20km/h until I unlock it. So unless I get caught „speeding" police won’t notice me.

6 Likes

Hell yeah lets gooo

Now that you have vesc’ed it up, is that annoying electric humming while driving gone?

The noise comes from the motors even if you just push it without power. I think my version is even a bit louder. But it has 5 times the power. 3000w vs 600w
Much more power doesn’t make sense I already have wheel spin when accelerating.
I can make a build thread if you are interested in the converion. It’s harder than an esk8 because you have the proprietary screen an Lights and speed modes with buttons.

6 Likes

Don’t think that’s the one I’m referring to.

Those stock scooter have this high pitched whine that you can hear from like 50m away.

Please do!

Why have you opted for an escooter instead of doing an E-Bike?

Because it’s much smaller and lighter. You can easily take it inside so It doesn’t get stolen. Esk8 is obviously better but it’s the next best thing.
I also have a 20s e bike that goes 80km/h but that’s a pain to carry up stairs and stuff.

3 Likes

Ah ok, makes sense then.

Definitely need to try all of them out if we ever get to meet each other :wink:

2 Likes

I for one would love to see a thread.

Plus the Discourse software here is a lot better (imho) than the phpBB software running endless sphere, so that’s another reason I’d put it up here.

4 Likes

I was wondering why that place is such a clunky mess. It’s all clear now

1 Like

I think phpBB is also running VESC forum.

I got rather stoned last night and STOLE some of @longhairedboy’s Krispy Kreme donuts.

I regret nothing.

16 Likes

Was that before or after @BillGordon stole your anal virginity ?

1 Like

Apparently I’ve never owned or used a VESC in my life, only hardware that’s compatible with VESC.

4 Likes