Esk8 confessional

All in favor of forcing @glyphiks to put wheels and motors on his new bed say i

2 Likes

I wouldnt either normally, but i bought this zeus pro with the intention to do all of this straight out of the gate haha. 13S4P of P42A and a decent deck, few sets of wheels for 1600 was a solid deal. Admittedly by the time im done, there will be almost nothing original but hey, itll be one hell of a nice build by then.

No one stopped this couch!

5 Likes

motorized beds are the apex of french technologie from the 60s

6 Likes

You can ride harder if you wake up refreshed instead of with a neck ache. You can also build better when well rested. It counts as an esk8 purchase.

1 Like

Gaston! I love those comics. Got the full collection.

3 Likes

I only wear my lead kneepad when I take my dog for a run

1 Like

are they translated to german ?

Yes

1 Like

amazing I had no idea they were translated at all

1 Like

Just make sure whatever mattress you buy isn’t made of fucking fiberglass…

Wait what ? Well you still can use it to out a lipo fire off

I’ll add plenty of my own later, no biggie

2 Likes

I just spent almost 2 years looking for and waiting to be able to buy a set of Kahua trucks and I finally got 'em!

now to spend probably around the same amount of time searching for an Avio wheel gear and set of Bergs.

3 Likes

I love zoomin past people on escooter but I can’t feel superior because at least they are legal :smiling_face_with_tear:

4 Likes

Carry two handle bar grips with you and tell people the speed of you board ripped the handle bar right off

6 Likes

If you bought the set from @Obsidian please take the working gear and get it reversed engineered to produce a cad model of it and produce metal gears
The community will appreciate it

1 Like

ok, I want to.
I have no idea how to even go about that though.

3D scanner? or should I take it to a machine shop or machinist to assess and evaluate? or should I just sit on it with a set of calipers and painstakingly remodel it in CAD?

I feel like re-doing this in CAD will create something that’s not an exact copy of the original due to tolerance or manufacturing differences. I’d need to get a new set for this gear drive instead of a single gear. it would be hella useful to other Avio owners though.

1 Like

There are some companies online that do it
Let me find you a link
Your chances at finding another avio gear is minimal so this is prob the best way for you

1 Like

I fully expected this, though I feel my chances of obtaining a set of Kahuas for under retail wasn’t much better and I finally managed that, so I have hope.

but yeah getting some machined, maybe even in different tooth counts would be great. Herringbones are expensive though so I worry a little about the cost.

1 Like