Esk8 confessional

I going to non-rage quit when I finish the 8 motor board.

I like this hobby a lot. I know I already peaked in terms of daily wildness skating. I’m so tame now it’s not worth mentioning.

Being a vendor or a builder primarily is the worst prison you could put me in. Fuck a duck, I listen to complaints at work. Why would I quit my work to listen to more complaints doing what I love?

Still, this has been pretty fucking cool. I was Ironman for a little bit there. When I suited up and the machine had charge, nothing could touch me. Not cops, cars, or anyone riding with me could stop me if I was on mean tear.

But I’m here to admit, I’m on the decline. In performance, but more importantly, passion.

This is the long slow goodbye. It wasn’t bc of a forum fight, a girl, a bad fall, or a onewheel (meh), a death, or you idiots.

Regardless, You can bet your bottom bearing I’m going to tinker with something someone said shouldn’t be tinkered with.

17 Likes

It was a EUC wasn’t it

6 Likes

It was not, that thing is only ok.

Also “you idiots” is a term of endearment. Like, “I love you stupid idiots”.

3 Likes

Oh man, the crazy genius running 8 motors is you? Sad to hear you’re losing your passion for the hobby, but i’m sure we’ll hear plenty of other crazy projects in other hobbies coming from you in the future haha.

7 Likes

I got to dick around at a redneck friend’s the other day so naturally we got to drinking and I found out he has two 4 wheelers in his barn.

I can’t stop thinking about how badly I need one now. And a huge plot of land in the woods.

I looked down and I was going 55mph at one point. It was stupidly easy to maneuver.

9 Likes

Make a stupid fast electric ATV… huge platform, lots of space and weight capacity for batteries, plenty of room for a stupid bulky and powerful motor :slight_smile:

1 Like

Look into landsurfers or eFoils, or eQuads, there’s so many things you could mess with concerning BLDC and locomotion.

3 Likes

Fuck yeah, quads are super fun. As a late teen we had a DS650 which we raced around on. 70mph. Fast as and super fun to drift. Crazy shit.

1 Like

You flew too close to the sun, friend.

If it is indeed the end, you’ve been a seriously fun ride to have been on.

6 Likes

Cool helmet, current and expectant father.

13 Likes

Yeah for real though. When I realized how fast I was going I was shocked. All woods grass and mud but still a valid point.

4 Likes

I’m biased here, because when I worked at a gas station in my teens one of my co-workers tooled around slowly on a quad, tipped it over and hit his head on a rock.

Brain damaged for life.

7 Likes

@Arzamenable

2 Likes

In Palm Springs @Arzamenable will ride a long range 2160 Wh Bajaboard.

2 Likes

Give it some time. There will be brushless people. @elon

1 Like

First lead batter I’ve ever bought not for a car. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Omg, that’s embarrassing. Why would you use sla? That’s so dumb and heavy. I’m so sorry for you if you had to use these.

What does a dead short look like tho?

2 Likes

Their only non auto use for me has been upgrading kids power wheels from 12 to 24v so they get another year or 2 of life.

The spark was pathetic when I accidentally touched some poorly made leads. Psh.

4 Likes

… you could have just bought the deck and enclosure?? :-o