Esk8 confessional

The PSUs all have internal regulators to turn off at overtemp.
the converter has a readout for its internal temp as well.
I find myself setting amps to ~18 to keep the battery from exceeding 40C on the smart BMS readout. Cells are rated for 45C charging so i gave myself some headroom

1 Like

no… no… no…

monitor the battery pack temperatures

not the psu or the controller

1 Like

sir yessir
I monitor my BMS thermistors

1 Like

Like zoinks! @kook

2 Likes

like gawd told david koresh

well done!!!

1 Like

i’m putting all my “projects” on the shelf for a month… just esk8… no projects

5 Likes

why tho :frowning:

1 Like

I just wanna esk8 and get high… back to the roots… re-energize my soul… find the chi that is me…

EDIT:
except for my power-supply charger…

3 Likes

dope. I mean dont do the charger on my account mang.
which project was stressing you?

1 Like

nuttin stressing me… but racin’ is a thing again so spending a LOT of time there… so all the time I don’t spend esk8ing is wasted

know what i mean

2 Likes

racing what?
cars

1 Like

off road bikes and buggys

3 Likes

time to go back to spacex and race moonbuggys instead :sunglasses:

4 Likes

faaaaaaak werkin’ for da man, meng!!!

2 Likes

Just wondering if the k00k deck project is still a thing

2 Likes

Confession.

I just bought an ebike, well pre-ordered for a Super73 RX.

7 Likes

When I first started building my DIY, I broke one of the motors.

When building the drivetrain, the motor pulley didn’t want to go on the motor. (I later found out that the motor key I was using was too big for the pulley) Well, in a stroke of pure genius, I decide that a mallet will be perfect to take care of this. I pounded that pulley so hard that the motor key started cutting into the motor pulley. A washer of some kind fell off of the motor, and over the course of a few rides, the axle got loose, and the motor started periodically cutting out.

And just to add insult to injury, buildkitboards stopped selling those 6354s, so I needed a whole new pair of motors. And even worse, I used MR60s on my motors and had MR60s soldered to my ESC, so I had to custom order new motors from flipsky that had MR60s. Whoops.

2 Likes

Nothing stops you from using a different motor on each side or changing the motor connectors :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I seriously start to worry about the fate of the world if it takes Tamatoa more than a day to like a post.

11 Likes

The sky is falling!

3 Likes