Esk8 confessional

I bought a “blood unity”…:pensive:

…before realising all the dodgery that was going on.

1 Like

2 miles barely scratch under the cutoff, unless you’re on 12s2p on pneumatics or something.

Btw, want some flipshit 6355 to take apart? I think it was you i gave the last ones.
Functional on the electrical side, but busted bearings and very likely shaft as well. A tenner + shipping, or come to a group ride this weekend in london. There’s like 3 going

1 Like

Wash your sins

1 Like

Riding around town while carrying a coffee in hand is oddly satisfying.

3 Likes

I am good mate, if I remember correctly the motors you sold me weren’t fantastic.

1 Like

Fair. You got the full story of what they did, and were free though!

2 Likes

Sorry I was thinking of the wrong motors! Disregard my previous comment…

2 Likes

Ive been running unsensored FOC for half a year because I think my sensor wires disconnected on my motors but im too much of a lazy piece of shit to do anything about it

So when people talk about HFI, I just nod my head like I know what they’re talking about :wink:

11 Likes

Yo same (minus the disconnected wires) apparently I’ve been running unsensored foc for like 2 weeks now and I didn’t notice the difference

According to metr anyway. No idea how it got turned off of sensored foc lmao

2 Likes

Yea man fuck all the other sensored homies

1 Like

I love sensored, and it’s been working just as well as sensored hahah I don’t understand how though

1 Like

I’m pretty sure I’m running one sensored and the other not

3 Likes

The interesting thing is that after i do the detection in the vesc tool (sensored foc) and then look in metr, metr always says unsensored even if the sensors are enabled. I just change it to sensored and press apply.

So my guess is that you still use your sensores but metr just shows unsensored.

3 Likes

That would make a lot more sense because I can do standstill starts and smart reverse up a hill without cogging

3 Likes

you only really need one sensored motor to launch from a stand still without cogging, even on the bullshit fake ass sinewave the vesc based controllers throw out to the motor in FOC.

edit: I guess my confessional in this is that i know vesc based controllers are shit compared to true sinewave controllers and i don’t understand why nobody besides Freefly has ever attempted to enter this space. its like vesc is too gangster or something. its bullshit. or maybe we’re still too small to matter.

6 Likes

let no good deed remain unpunished…

this is your homework for this week…

2 Likes

probably this

4 Likes

I’ve been busy learning how to slide today and what do you know I did toe-side first before heel-side! Bear in mind I’m using sliding gloves and that helps a ton…

It took me around 20 minutes to start doing a push-up slide having never previously done it but like @yelnats8j said you just have to

SEND IT.

I’m even using fresh AF Kegel’s so anyone who says you can’t get rippy on grippies is tripping.

Order of operations:

• Pre-carve toe-side into slide (starting off slowly, I was sliding at only 10 km/h)
  • Put both pucks on ground shifting majority of body weight onto gloves.
  • Reduced weight distribution on feet allows wheels to lose traction more easily.
  • Boom. Push-up toe-side slide.

This video is literally the best thing out there!

3 Likes

I was thinking about this recently, skating in my teens i was one of the few goofy riders, all the rail slide spots we had were for regular riders… I ended scared of heel side to this day brain just says hell no lol :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Its definitely the easiest way to learn to slide.

Here is a video I had to put together for school, most of my friends only started learning at the beginning of the summer so its cool to see how far everyone has come.

5 Likes