Esk8 confessional

Last time I swung my leg over a CR it was a CR250F. Man was that fun!

4 Likes

I want to buy another MTSKR2005WF V2 Maytech remote but I’m afraid it may not work well. I live downtown.

3 Likes

I have one, works like a charm! Even ordered a V3.

1 Like

do you live/ride in the city?

1 Like

No/yes. Vienna. No worries here.

1 Like

That’s my worry too do I wait to try out my V2 arrives Monday or order the second one now.

1 Like

I know right. My order is still Unfulfilled the temptation is unbearable. Do I order another now and save on shipping or wait :thinking:

Since falling I’ve sold quite a couple of parts laying around for an esk8 fund to improve my equipment, but folded and instead bought a second complete board from a forum member.

My wife was aware of my fund building, and I dropped a hint that I’ve spent it, second time I dropped the hint she said she got it the first time, but isn’t interested on what I spent it on.

Flat out doesn’t want to know, as she now hates “that board” and thinks I should just stop skating altogether. What to do, what to do. Wait until it turns up and tadaaaaa?! :man_shrugging:t2:

14 Likes

Yup. Ignore the ranting.
Do what you want.
Injuring yourself is not good for skateboard spending. I know - have bought a shitload of stuff (Custom LDP setup, surf rodz TKPs, sR RKP baseplates, 2nd set of venom magnums and moon pulleys, a heap of Roarockit veneers, plenty of CF and GF supplies and god knows what else I can’t even remember :laughing: oh a custom mini remote from Dani… and used aera RF1s) in the last four weeks since I snapped my Achilles. Make no apologies brother. :fist: my wife has given up and just shakes her head now. :joy:

8 Likes

My wife hates all my boards for the same reason, despite me not riding as hard as you do.

5 Likes

I married a skater my problem is any new toy she wants it, she has been eyeing my new torqueboard 110 wheels I lied and said they don’t fit evolves…

9 Likes

My only defence is I didn’t spend it on “that board”. Also easier to ask for forgiveness than permission.

6 Likes

For bigger purchases I sometimes ask for ‘permission’, but only when I know she will say yes or that she doesn’t care. Haha. Otherwise - she dont need to know
Edit - I also have the injury (Sympathy) card, as mine was not esk8 related so there is that…

4 Likes

As a consolation to her, and to put some savings in my future skin account, I’m thinking of buying myself a proper protection jacket for my bday.

4 Likes

Heh! Mine actually comes with 78A TB110’s, I’m “regressing” from nummies to thanes. :rofl:

2 Likes

Hot glue / silicone your PWM wire to your receiver.

:triumph:

2 Likes

LoL you mean upgrading your range and maximizing your reliability :rofl:

3 Likes

I ride both but love the feel of a good ride on smooth pavement on 'thane

3 Likes

And minimizing the structural integrity of your joints :crazy_face:

1 Like

The body does well under stress, it’s when we’re sedentary that the problems start.

2 Likes